Few of my tegus

DMBizeau

Arachnopeon
All American
[YOUTUBE]63zHpOz9s4s[/YOUTUBE]

Giant
[YOUTUBE]Ul9TgUvmAVg[/YOUTUBE]

All American and Giant eating some chicken.
[YOUTUBE]2ocymolmBBc[/YOUTUBE]

Toirtis

Arachnobaron
Very nice...currently we are down to 2 reds, but in a couple years, we are giving Bobby Hill a visit and getting a pair of giants.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh wow the giant tegu looks amazing. I am debating which species of lizard to get when I am on my own. I need something to take care of :) but nothing bigger then 3-4f. No iguana again.
How big does your species get approximatly?

I think it might end up being a tegu or ackie I am not too sure yet, but I enjoy something that is smart.
Example:

I would take my iguana out, feed him and stuff, bring him downstairs, have him on my lap while watching TV. Then when he has enough of me he jumps off my lap, goes down my halway, and then goes up 20 stairs, climbs my bed, and the little ladder I have beside my bed, then goes into his basking spot of his aquarium. Haha i found he was quite clever... he was also potty trained.

Sadly, 2 years later my brother went into my room while I was at cadets, and my dog killed spike, toor down the aquarium and everything :( sad days... my dog was a big king samoyed smart himself when he is in hunting mode :(

DMBizeau

Arachnopeon
@ MichiganReptiles: I am good, I recognize your name from Tegutalk as well.

oh wow the giant tegu looks amazing. I am debating which species of lizard to get when I am on my own. I need something to take care of :) but nothing bigger then 3-4f. No iguana again.
How big does your species get approximatly?

I think it might end up being a tegu or ackie I am not too sure yet, but I enjoy something that is smart.
Example:

I would take my iguana out, feed him and stuff, bring him downstairs, have him on my lap while watching TV. Then when he has enough of me he jumps off my lap, goes down my halway, and then goes up 20 stairs, climbs my bed, and the little ladder I have beside my bed, then goes into his basking spot of his aquarium. Haha i found he was quite clever... he was also potty trained.

Sadly, 2 years later my brother went into my room while I was at cadets, and my dog killed spike, toor down the aquarium and everything :( sad days... my dog was a big king samoyed smart himself when he is in hunting mode :(
Blues are the smallest, but they still get over 4ft commonly and are going to require at least a 6x3x3 enclosure as adults. They really are great animals though if you have the space.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i certainly will someday and I can't wait :D hehe
I might get an ackie though just because they are abit smaller hehe