Few more geckos

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are super easy to care for that is for sure. I already have 46 eggs laid so far this year so we are off to a great start! I should have double that number of eggs in the next week or so!

Last edited:

<3exoticpets

Arachnopeon
Beautiful pics!!!!:D I saw them at the last expo- purchased a gargoyle gecko instead, but your photos make it really hard to resist temptation to buy a few! I would just like to throw out there for anyone considering a purchase- they are nice and easy to care for and clean up after.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She shed from back to front and I caught the ending! Enjoy. :D

Last edited:

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How prolific are they anyway? They seem to mature quickly if I remember correctly.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are VERY quick breeders. A baby male will be ready to breed in about a year, females a year to a year and a half. Once the females are ready to breed they mate with a male once and lay two eggs a month like clockwork for 6-7 months of a year give or take.
There is nothing special you have to do with the eggs ether. Room temps are all they need in an incubator with some hatching medium in an airtight container. 60-120 days later (75 ish days average) they hatch jumping and ready to go.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Few babies that have hatched in the last few days. :)
It is far better to see what was in the egg rather then sell the egg lol.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, I'm not a big fan of cresties - but those two are absolutely stunning. Do they keep that coloration as they mature?

Cass

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They are friggin adorable! Love the eye licking shots above too lol

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice Colors!

How prolific are they anyway? They seem to mature quickly if I remember correctly.
In the Early 90's, they were thought to be Extinct, or @least close 2.

Look at them Now........Polymorphic, and yet their colors have been brought out by dedicated selective breeding.......Good job :razz: - Jason

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow, I'm not a big fan of cresties - but those two are absolutely stunning. Do they keep that coloration as they mature?

Cass
The stripe that runs down their back will stay there for sure, the rest could change quite a bit as they get older. I am happy with these guys to start the season. My first really serious pairs that I am looking forward to should be hatching very soon. At the moment I have a lot of eggs lol. So I hope to have a lot of nice looking babies!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Now Id be lying if I said I was not a teeny tiny bit disappointed they are not full pinners, but I am still smiling ear to ear regardless!
This is what I am aiming for. Very high quality offspring from high quality parents. I'd have kicked myself if I ever sold these as eggs LOL. (and no Id never sell eggs)
These are Maximus X Six babies!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
sweet thread, talken. got to see some pretty animals and populate my ignore list a little more :)

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow ryan your collection has really grown. Congrats on your babies! How's the snake and your chemeleon doin?