female p regius moult

Noah Clark

Arachnopeon
My female Phidippus regius is finally moulting into her penultimate or (most likely) adult form! The process is currently underway, but once she's finished and has had a few hours to get used to her new skin, I'll upload some pics of her! @basin79

basin79

ArachnoGod
My female Phidippus regius is finally moulting into her penultimate or (most likely) adult form! The process is currently underway, but once she's finished and has had a few hours to get used to her new skin, I'll upload some pics of her! @basin79
I'll be very surprised if you can even see her in her hammock.

Noah Clark

Arachnopeon
I'll be very surprised if you can even see her in her hammock.
Can't really see her, but she was writhing around and I see a lump of something that definitely wasn't there before! actually wait, I just popped the lid open and she peeked out! Her head is so much bigger! Can't wait for her to come out, I'm so excited!!

basin79

ArachnoGod
Can't really see her, but she was writhing around and I see a lump of something that definitely wasn't there before! actually wait, I just popped the lid open and she peeked out! Her head is so much bigger! Can't wait for her to come out, I'm so excited!!
It'll be a few days before she comes out. Around a week. In that time she'll throw out her old skin, although still won't be ready to come out.

Noah Clark

Arachnopeon
It'll be a few days before she comes out. Around a week. In that time she'll throw out her old skin, although still won't be ready to come out.
Is this a problem? Haven't looked at her for over an hour, was eating dinner and getting a shower etc but she wandered out of her rest sac? The shed is still in there, should I be alarmed? Really scared, is she trying to tell me she needs water?? She was in there for nearly 2 weeks, during which time she would not emerge to drink anything. She looks ok, she is just sitting there waving her palps. This same thing happened with a Phidippus audax I kept a while back, but it was much younger. He didn't do much, he just sat still for a few days and then started becoming active.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Is this a problem? Haven't looked at her for over an hour, was eating dinner and getting a shower etc but she wandered out of her rest sac? The shed is still in there, should I be alarmed? Really scared, is she trying to tell me she needs water?? She was in there for nearly 2 weeks, during which time she would not emerge to drink anything. She looks ok, she is just sitting there waving her palps. This same thing happened with a Phidippus audax I kept a while back, but it was much younger. He didn't do much, he just sat still for a few days and then started becoming active.
That is strange. Are you sure she's only just shed?