Female Eresus moravicus

ChinaDoll

Arachnopeon
Finding it hard to get information on care for a moravicus. Plus I'm a total spider noob and don't have any pet stores nearby.
I've read that the main things she needs are bone dry substrate and bone dry sphagnum moss.
Sphagnum moss I can google and get my head around and perhaps find some in the garden but substrate is confusing me. What type do I need and where do I find this?
I've read she'll be fine at room temperature. She doesn't need water or to be sprayed or anything. She'll probably eat anything smaller than her but it should be alive, any specifics likes? How often will she need to be fed?
Is there anything else she needs?
I've totally fallen in love with the cute orangey yellow face.

The wolf

Arachnolord
Finding it hard to get information on care for a moravicus. Plus I'm a total spider noob and don't have any pet stores nearby.
I've read that the main things she needs are bone dry substrate and bone dry sphagnum moss.
Sphagnum moss I can google and get my head around and perhaps find some in the garden but substrate is confusing me. What type do I need and where do I find this?
I've read she'll be fine at room temperature. She doesn't need water or to be sprayed or anything. She'll probably eat anything smaller than her but it should be alive, any specifics likes? How often will she need to be fed?
They will be fun on any sub that is reasonable like coc fibre or something you can feed them fruit fly at the star then move on to crickets or if you have some,baby roaches they also like mealworms

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Cocofiber is a common substrate and that'll work just fine. The sphagnum gives the spider more anchor point/hiding spots for webbing.

Room temp or a few degrees warmer is good. In terms of food, they'll take anything as long as it isn't huge. I fed my other Eresidae small roaches and they loved them. I fed weekly when they were small and spread it out to once every two weeks once they got larger.

I think you've got the basics handled, enjoy your beautiful new pet! :)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Paging @basin79.

basin79

ArachnoGod
The reason I didn't comment is because the questions have been answered.

Room temperature or just above. Bone dry eco earth or similar. 1-2cm is fine as it won't be utilised for digging. A good layer of bone dry moss which will become their home. No need for a water dish.

They'll also take surprisingly large prey too as it gets snagged in their web. They're gutsy little buggers.

Last edited: