female eastern cottonmouth Het. Albino

spinningspider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just got this girl the other day, Agkistrodon piscovorous piscovorous. she is supposedly Het for Albino (got her from a reputable guy) but i don't have any plans to breed it.
cotton.jpg

lizardminion

Arachnolord
You should consider breeding- that's one of the only reason to get hets for anything.
Oh Lordy, any venomous snake glaring at me like that would give me the heebie jeebies.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She's really dark, isn't she? You can barely even see her mask because the rest of her head is so dark. A buddy of mine breeds these, and has a pair of leucistic Cottons, which are really pretty. I catch these quite often when out field herping for Water Snakes, and they are nowhere near as bad as their reputation. In fact, I've only had one strike at me in all these years. Most will do that characteristic threat-gape, and if that fails, they'll try to imitate a Ball Python, lol.

pitbulllady

Arianji

Arachnosquire
I had no idea people bred these, much less kept them as private pet. If you want cotton mouths you should come down here and try our woods. I can't go in wooded streams without seeing at least 3 of them, big fat suckers too. I will back pitbulllady up, they have a much worse reputation than reality, they most often run...slither, rarely strike.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh god you two don't go saying that, your going to make me want one, and knowing my luck I will get bitten. The reasons I never kept hots is because I like to touch and hold things and hear that there are venomous snakes out there that tolerate that is like a siren call, still best ignored but....