Female B. smithi molted

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So a while back I bought 3 female smithis. All about 5". Well, this one molts, and has no furrow! I'm thinking to myself, "Man, I really think this one molted before and I sexed it as female", so I search through my molts and, as it turns out, it was one of the other females who molted.

So how I have this HUGE almost 6" MM smithi, and 3 freshly molted females waiting for him.

So even though I'm a little upset that this guy was wrongly sexed, I'm ecstatic (sp?) to have a male so I can hopefully get a successful sac or two of these guys.

Woo!

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck breeding them! There are so many mature females around that it's certainly not a bad thing to have a male. Congrats on the boy!

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
See ! This is why its not such a bad thing to end up with a male once in awhile. Had this one not been sexed wrong you would be looking for a male.

As my mother always said, " some things happen for a reason " :D

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lucky you!!!

I remember last year here in the Philippines, people were ignoring males and wanting to get females only. Now that the females have grown and matured, its sooo hard to find males to mate!