Feeding "wet prey"

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
In reptiles that may be dehydrated from import, illness, or for other reasons, we will offer a large supply of silkworms and hornworms, because of the moisture content of feeder being so high as to help rehydrate the reptile. Has anyone used smaller silkworms or hornworms to offer more moisture to their scorps? How about black soldier fly larvae, aka calciworms/reptiworms/Phoenix worms? These are not as hydrating, but have good amounts of calcium and move enough to attract attention, but don't intimidate shyer species.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Scorpions obtain most moisture from prey and I've seen an occasional video on YouTube where people offer fatty horn worm to feed for fun but i don't see it being a prey item incorporated into a steady diet for that specific purpose .

It takes HOURS for a decent sized scorp to finish a super worm lol

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
I think larger worms would be fouling, with their juices running into and contaminating the substrate. I'd stick to smaller ones and they aren't overly fatty, despite what is often said. I'm not of the opinion that any one prey species is to be relied on exclusively.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yea if you wanted to make a fun video. Offering a cool fat feeder like that id recommend placing a napkin down or feeding in a separate container