Feeding time!

sezra

Arachnosquire
Ok, so many of you have probably seen the many topics I've been making recently, as my collection has rapidly expanded within the last week.

I fed everyone today, and with the exception of my rosie (shes fasting again. I think she thinks shes a model! :D ) they were all quite ravenous.

Everything is going well, but I had a question about my blue beauty (Eauthlus Sp blue). She didnt hesitate to take down the cricket, but shes now left it, and is trailing thin strands of web all over the enclosure.

I know she may go back to it later, but i was just wondering if anyone had an insights into this behaviour.

sezra

Arachnosquire
just an update. She hasnt touched the cricket, in fact its still alive which is strange, its in a bad way but i dont think she injected any venom. I've removed it now, do you think she could be in pre molt?

NGLepine

Arachnosquire
with the exception of my rosie (shes fasting again. I think she thinks shes a model! :D .

I have one that's a +sized model... Never stops eating... The other, I think she ate a bean about 3
Months ago hahaha

---------- Post added 11-20-2013 at 09:35 PM ----------

just an update. She hasnt touched the cricket, in fact its still alive which is strange, its in a bad way but i dont think she injected any venom. I've removed it now, do you think she could be in pre molt?

Try again next week, watch for premoult
Sign

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok, so many of you have probably seen the many topics I've been making recently, as my collection has rapidly expanded within the last week.

I fed everyone today, and with the exception of my rosie (shes fasting again. I think she thinks shes a model! :D ) they were all quite ravenous.

Everything is going well, but I had a question about my blue beauty (Eauthlus Sp blue). She didnt hesitate to take down the cricket, but shes now left it, and is trailing thin strands of web all over the enclosure.

I know she may go back to it later, but i was just wondering if anyone had an insights into this behaviour.
Who knows why they do what they do at times ( I wish I did ), they are interesting. I've had Ts take out food, and appeared to be hungry, but all they did was kill it (rarely observed), and toss it in the bolus heap. Alternatively, I've seen them eat only half a cricket, and never go back to that one.

---------- Post added 11-20-2013 at 11:38 PM ----------

I have one that's a +sized model... Never stops eating...
Months ago hahaha
---------- Post added 11-20-2013 at 09:35 PM ----------
Man, that's my Honduran Curly Hair. I've never owned a T that was such a huge eater. S/he (I THINK it's a female) is always on a eating binge. The amount of size it put on these past 9 months has been huge, largest I have ever encountered for this genus and even others I have owned. She finally stopped these past 3 months. Tonight was the first time she ate crickets since. I keep waiting for it to molt, it's ready to burst.

Last edited: