Feeding Skittish T's

FitzzSimmons

Arachnosquire
Hello guys,
SO basically i've had a juvenile (suspect female) P.sazimai for nearly 3 weeks now and i've only gotten her to eat once and that was by leaving the pre-killed prey out in her enclosure to get herself. My main problem is she either just looks at food i give her and ignores it or she instantly bolts the moment prey goes near her (for context i feed her small meal worms). I understand that P.sazimai are notorious for being super skittish but i just can't find a way to encourage her to eat without either bolting or ignoring the food.
Any tips on trying to feed a very shy T?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Patience, not every specimen will willingly take food in front of you.

My advice would be to leave your sazimai to settle for some time. Feeding is not something you need to try every day, messing around with the spider too much will just stress it out.

If pre killed worked...why not try that again?

FitzzSimmons

Arachnosquire
Patience, not every specimen will willingly take food in front of you.

My advice would be to leave your sazimai to settle for some time. Feeding is not something you need to try every day, messing around with the spider too much will just stress it out.

If pre killed worked...why not try that again?
I've been trying pre-killed every 3 days by leaving it outside her hide, so that she stumbles across it when she walks out but so far no luck. And yes i've left her for a few days now and i'm hoping she might be calmer.

cold blood

Staff member
Once a t has eaten enough, it doesn't need more...it just needs time...eventually it will molt and be a good eater.

And honestly, 3 weeks isn't even a long time...some only offer food once every 2-4 weeks.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I've been trying pre-killed every 3 days by leaving it outside her hide
Juveniles only need to be fed once a week and, if I remember correctly, yours was a little on the fat side when you got it so it's probably getting ready to moult, just leave it be other than to make sure it has water.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pre-killed at 3" , you are wasting crickets and money. Live feeders are best.

If your T has a plump abdomen, likely not hungry. The species isn't known to be a picky eater.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
Hello guys,
SO basically i've had a juvenile (suspect female) P.sazimai for nearly 3 weeks now and i've only gotten her to eat once and that was by leaving the pre-killed prey out in her enclosure to get herself. My main problem is she either just looks at food i give her and ignores it or she instantly bolts the moment prey goes near her (for context i feed her small meal worms). I understand that P.sazimai are notorious for being super skittish but i just can't find a way to encourage her to eat without either bolting or ignoring the food.
Any tips on trying to feed a very shy T?
id say stick to pre killed prey and dont hover over it to see if it eats

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
live and pre-killed are exactly the same thing from a ts perspective....food.
This is not true for all specimens though. I have had a few that had zero interest in dead crickets. Thus the food is not exactly the same.