1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeding Schedule

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by BennyBTamachi, Apr 15, 2019.

1. BennyBTamachi

BennyBTamachi Arachnopeon Active Member

China
    Advertisement
    Hi all :)

Since I got my B.albopilosum (adult female, 12-13cm / 5 inc.) she ate exactly 10 mealworms in one month, so it is around 2 to 3 mealworms per week. Would you consider this a good quantity of food for this kind of T, or should I rather slow down the pace ?

Thanks a lot!
    Cheers ;)

2. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

I would feed one super every 7-14 days....depending on where the t is in its molt cycle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Feeding schedules are crap. You have to make them on the fly to fit the spider.

Generally speaking, you keep the abdomen just a little bigger than the carapace. That will work perfectly here.

For slings, get the abdomen 3-5 times larger than the carapace and wait for a molt. Rinse and repeat.

Juvies kinda similar. Perhaps three times the size of the carapace.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

I feed mine a super or a couple of red runners once every 3 weeks

• Like Like x 1
  5. BennyBTamachi

China
    Thanks guys :)

What is approximately the size of a "super"? My worms look rather small for the T.
    The size of her abdomen is decent but nothing big as you can see in the attached picture.
    Anyway, I will definitely slow the pace down a bit, 2/3 worms a week sounds too much based on all your feedbacks!

Cheers guys :)

Attached Files:

6. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoprince Old Timer

I feed spiders irregularly. In nature they are not eating just on saturday..one week i may feed them 3 roachers, next week i feed them 1 superworm. Next week nothing and week after that 1 roach! This was just an example!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BennyBTamachi

China
    Mine wants her brunch every Sunday though, she clearly mentioned it to me...

Hehe more seriously I completely understand, I just have the feeling that I fed mine a bit too frequently, that is due to the excitement of the newbie... ;)
    Anyway I'll change the feeders also from time to time, and follow a more irregular basis :p

I like the example of abdomen size mentioned above.

Cheers

8. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoprince Old Timer

If one doesnt feed adult so that they get obese, there is no problem feeding them often. I mean they are not gonna die because of it. Overfeeding so they get really fat on other hand, i think is not healthy. And the lifespan is just like overfed obese humans going to decrease!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rhino1

Rhino1 Arachnoknight Active Member

∆∆∆this.

I think your T looks good, keep doing what your doing but mix it up, change feeders here and there, give it a hungry week now and again etc

• Like Like x 1