Feeding pre-killed feeders by electrocuting them

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Electrocution? Hmmm.... no I wouldn't go that extreme. As JohnDapiaoen does, just put feeders in freezer for a few minutes. Done and safe!
@mistertim, where do you find those teeny tiny spikes? A "punji pit" would be fun to fabricate.
Sewing pins, duh. :mask:

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Electrocution? Hmmm.... no I wouldn't go that extreme. As JohnDapiaoen does, just put feeders in freezer for a few minutes. Done and safe!
@mistertim, where do you find those teeny tiny spikes? A "punji pit" would be fun to fabricate.
I generally used braided carbon nanofiber.

basin79

ArachnoGod
IMG_0375.JPG
I had been thinking about it lately, If I were to feed my Ts with dubias that I electrocuted with maybe a bug zapper or a stun gun. Would it be safe to feed them with with or should I just stick to feeding them live meals.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I chose the guillotine instead of electrocution for my pre-kill. Napoleon would be proud.

CakeLore

Arachnosquire
I think it'd be certainly safe to feed them but I'm not sure if there would be much left.

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I chose the guillotine instead of electrocution for my pre-kill. Napoleon would be proud.
I usually decapitate mine as well. I feed mealworms and I've gotten pretty good at throwing a bunch on a glass plate and simply cutting off their heads with the blunt end of the tweezers.

I thought about electrocution but I couldn't find a small enough chair and those little cap thingies...forget it.