Feeding organic, do you wash?

Jimbob

Arachnosquire
So this isn't really aimed at any one invert, but I was wondering what you guys do to clean produce for your critters. I buy organic usually, but they still use natural pesticides on organic crops I believe. Sometimes I'll rinse stuff off, but I just throw them in most of the time. Same thing when I eat fruits/veggies myself lol. Now I'm thinking maybe I should clean stuff better(I've heard baking soda soak is good for pesticide removal). I haven't noticed any problems, but probably better to be safe, especially since i feed off to my chameleon. I'd think if there were powerful pesticides, inverts would be pretty sensitive to them though?

StampFan

Arachnodemon
So this isn't really aimed at any one invert, but I was wondering what you guys do to clean produce for your critters. I buy organic usually, but they still use natural pesticides on organic crops I believe. Sometimes I'll rinse stuff off, but I just throw them in most of the time. Same thing when I eat fruits/veggies myself lol. Now I'm thinking maybe I should clean stuff better(I've heard baking soda soak is good for pesticide removal). I haven't noticed any problems, but probably better to be safe, especially since i feed off to my chameleon. I'd think if there were powerful pesticides, inverts would be pretty sensitive to them though?
I'm probably opening up a thread war by responding because people often think "organic" = "better", which is isn't, but organic product may be the product of manure fertilizer, which has its own issues.

Better question, is what inverts are you feeding produce?

Jimbob

Arachnosquire
Just curious, why would that create a thread war? I appreciate everyone's input and like to hear whatever you all have to offer. No hard feelings here. I have heard the manure being mentioned before when i did a Google search about it.

I'm feeding 17 roach species, 7 isopod, superworm colony, and some snails I found.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Just curious, why would that create a thread war? I appreciate everyone's input and like to hear whatever you all have to offer. No hard feelings here. I have heard the manure being mentioned before when i did a Google search about it.

I'm feeding 17 roach species, 7 isopod, superworm colony, and some snails I found.
For my isopods and superworms (not a whole colony, just to gutload) I'll usually just feed whatever I'm about to throw in the compost bin. Tonight it was a bit of apple and blueberries, not organic, and just rinsed off. The isopods prefer if its near rotting.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sometimes I go to the Natural Grocer and grab a discounted bag of stuff that's about to go bad to feed roaches and crickets, I don't wash any of it. Probably a good idea though to wash it or rinse it.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I use mostly organic produce for my beetles, roaches, isopods and millipedes and just wash everything well under running water. I peel apples and carrots afterwards just to be on the safe side. I also use non organic oranges for the roaches, I just wash them well. So far so good.