Feeding my roaches

MissHarlen

Arachnosquire
I keep a small stock of dubia for my Ts. Not a colony, just small amounts that I feed off and replenish.

Right now I feed them crushed cheerios with a bit of bee pollen, and apple pieces. Should I add more to their diet?

I feed them bee pollen because
1. I take it for an immune boost
2. DubiDeli says it's a good gut load? (I'd love to here more opinions on this)

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Do they get any protein? Maybe some crushed up dog food. I feed my dubia chick feed, but it's hardly worth buying a bag unless you could find a really small one. I also don't know if its necessary to gut load your dubia if you're only feeding tarantulas. Tarantulas don't really need it. I hear it's more for reptiles.

MissHarlen

Arachnosquire
Do they get any protein? Maybe some crushed up dog food. I feed my dubia chick feed, but it's hardly worth buying a bag unless you could find a really small one. I also don't know if its necessary to gut load your dubia if you're only feeding tarantulas. Tarantulas don't really need it. I hear it's more for reptiles.
I could give them some cat feed or buy some veggies with high protein

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Whatever you choose to feed. Unless you have reptiles, I don't believe you need to worry about giving too much protein.

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
You don't need to increase your protein unless you are trying to grow your dubia insanely, or breed them. In my opinion gutloading is important no matter the insectivore. Captive bred insects are pretty much useless without a good diet. They have nothing to offer except protein and fat.