Feeding Dubias to scorpions

Lance Aviles

Arachnopeon
I currently have two scorpions and I only feed them dubias but somebody told me that feeding scorpions dubias are bad because they are high in calcium and can cause bad effects in the molting process. they told me that I should get lats because it's their proper diet. is this true? I have been doing my research but I haven't seen anything that dubias are bad to scorpions but I still want to make sure

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
Is extra calcium bad for them? For example calcium sand. I'm asking because I bought ground walnut shell by accident and am now looking for more. probably just going to get some play sand.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I've never heard that either but i do know most of my scorpions tend to prefer B lateralis over dubias. Better feeding response and less mess to clean up also
And lateralis don't burrow like dubias tend to do

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Is extra calcium bad for them? For example calcium sand. I'm asking because I bought ground walnut shell by accident and am now looking for more. probably just going to get some play sand.
Walnuts are toxic to invertebrates and calcium sand can crystalize and get crummy.

Play sand is a safe bet usually.

What species do you have ?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Sounds pretty cool, though I prefer a more natural look. Sounds like something I would maybe try in the future when I have more scorpions, I also want to do a Fallout New Vegas themed enclosure.
It's mixed so it looks pretty cool.

Also, good game