Feeding A. Seemanni after molt

alea

Arachnopeon
My adult A. Seemanni just had a successful molt (from what I can tell, he’s only been out of his hide once). He was definitely right side up again on Sunday. How long should I wait before I feed him?

Michael Ortiz

Arachnopeon
My A. Seemanmi also just had a molt. How can I tell if it was a good molt, and what can I expect from her behavior at this point?

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
If the spider didn't die it was probably a good molt. You can also check the sucking stomach on your molts to make sure it molted properly.

Torech Ungol

Arachnosquire
You can tell when they're ready to eat by looking at their fangs from the underside. If they're clear, pink, or red; don't feed. If they're black, that means they've hardened sufficiently, so you can start feeding again. To my knowledge, this applies to all tarantulas, not just your species.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You can tell when they're ready to eat by looking at their fangs from the underside. If they're clear, pink, or red; don't feed. If they're black, that means they've hardened sufficiently, so you can start feeding again. To my knowledge, this applies to all tarantulas, not just your species.
This is correct.

And the amount of time it takes for a T to harden enough to eat is generally related to size... small slings (up to 1" or so) can eat within a day or two of molting, whereas an 8" spider is going to need a week or two (or more).