Feeding a adult female A. Geniculata a baby mouse?

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
im debating weither to feed my female a live baby mouse, they just got thier fur, i brought a few of them to feed my small boas.

is the potentional risk worth it?they only a quid each so i thought id pick up a few......

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I feed many of my T.s pinkies but I will not feed mice with teeth to my spiders...I dont want to see a spider get hurt over a mouse...as long as they dont have teeth yet I would think it to be ok...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Mike H. said:
I feed many of my T.s pinkies but I will not feed mice with teeth to my spiders...I dont want to see a spider get hurt over a mouse...as long as they dont have teeth yet I would think it to be ok...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:
yep they got teeth.......when i fed one to my boa it bit her......

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Grael said:
yep they got teeth.......when i fed one to my boa it bit her......
You could always knock the mouse out before feeding it to the tarantula.

-David

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Phaedrus said:

-David
hmm thats just horrible though lol i know its like really sadistic feeding a live one to the T but i couldnt like hurt the mouse myself lol

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I do it often. I only do it with really big spiders that are super aggressive with food so I know they will destroy it immediately without a problem

bman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Phaedrus said:

-David
You don't need to hit it. Just give them a bunch of beer and blow some smoke from a doobie. That'll put the little guys out. Or use frozen mice...BORING!!! {D

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Grael said:
hmm thats just horrible though lol i know its like really sadistic feeding a live one to the T but i couldnt like hurt the mouse myself lol
I would not necessarily say sadistic if the spider kills it reasonably quickly(unless the mouse has teeth and takes a piece out of the spider too) but at the end of the day you still kill it both ways so why worry about banging it on the head first :rolleyes:.

(BTW as you have pointed out you dont want to pre kill the mice for a spider be mindfull of the fact you said you had bought a few for feeding to your young boa's :cough: Rspca :cough cough: have new powers soon :cough: )

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
JacenBeers said:
I do it often. I only do it with really big spiders that are super aggressive with food so I know they will destroy it immediately without a problem

i have a nice vid of my blondi and a mouse. umm yeah they are aggressive eaters, but my blondi did not "destroy it immedately, he is about 7-8"

yeah adult mice CAN be dangerous...go with pinkies, or roaches

Yog-Sothoth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah it could easily toast the mouse without getting hurt, the T will hold its front legs up so they cant get bit..and the mouse dies within seconds. I feed my blondi strictly hoppers. If your worried still, smack the mouse in the head with a hammer handle or swing its head against something, not too hard though they like em twitching.

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the most humane thing to do is put the mouse to sleep by putting it in the freezer for about an hour of 2, then thaw it out if necessary.

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think the most humane thing to do is not to feed your tarantulas mouse. lol

Yog-Sothoth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
then they dont twitch, I dont see how its more humane freezing to death compaired to a quick death via T.