Feeder snakes?

Godzillaalienfan1979

Arachnoknight
Hi, all

So, y'know how there's feeder crickets, feeder lizards, feeder fish, etc etc etc? Well, I was wondering, are there feeder snakes? Like, i've seen some people in IG (@no_life_godzilla_alien_fan BTW) with their venomous snakes snacking on smaller snakes, and I was just wondering if feeder snakes were actually a thing or if you just buy snakes from breeders or something (labeled as pets, not feeders) and just feed those.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Green snakes are used as feeders. Why do you need feeder snakes? Getting a coral snake or a cobra?

Godzillaalienfan1979

Arachnoknight
Green snakes are used as feeders. Why do you need feeder snakes? Getting a coral snake or a cobra?
Definitely not either, I heard you haveta be very experienced to have those (although maybe something to try out once i'm more experienced). I was thinking of trying to feed one to my S. Dehaani (I was planning on putting the Dehaani in a different "feeding enclosure'' to prevent the main enclosure from becoming fouled) but I dunno if that's a good idea or not

NYAN

Arachnoking
I was thinking of trying to feed one to my S. Dehaani (I was planning on putting the Dehaani in a different "feeding enclosure'' to prevent the main enclosure from becoming fouled) but I dunno if that's a good idea or not
Unnecessary. Feeding live vertebrates to invertebrates is unnecessary and expensive. Stick to what you normally feed it.

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
Definitely not either, I heard you haveta be very experienced to have those (although maybe something to try out once i'm more experienced). I was thinking of trying to feed one to my S. Dehaani (I was planning on putting the Dehaani in a different "feeding enclosure'' to prevent the main enclosure from becoming fouled) but I dunno if that's a good idea or not
Yeah...
Probably not the best idea because it’s entirely unnecessary and why feed live when you could just feed it a frozen pinky or cricket/roach!
It probably won’t even eat the entire snake too just makes it way harder to clean up and producing lots of odor.
If you seriously want to feed it live for whatever reason give it a live pinky or house gecko.

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
Feeder lizards are much more common, but unfortunately they seem to only come live. This, and my inability to euthanize feeder vertebrates myself, are the only things keeping me from getting Lialis burtoni, the New Guinea Legless Lizard. Maybe someday:(. But to answer your question, F/T mice are readily accepted and easily bought. Try to use pinkies or hoppers, they’re much smaller and more readily consumed

Godzillaalienfan1979

Arachnoknight
@AnimalNewbie @NYAN @Jurdon thank you all for your advice, I really appreciate it!

NOTE: I wasn't going to feed it snakes without your guys' approval anyways, I was just checking in to see if it was a good idea or not which, according to you guys, it isn't, so i'll refrain. And I most certainly wasn't going to feed it live vertebrates every single time I fed it, this was just more of a "yearly treet'' thing, But yeah, i'll probably just feed it a thawed pinkie/hopper as a "yearly treat'' and, if Scolopendra gets any bigger, maybe a House Gecko.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Find a local colubrid breeder and ask them to put you on a list for deformed neonates.. They are destined for the freezer anyways,so,why not use them.