Feathers!

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Oh my word! Why didn't anyone tell me how much I needed Feather Millipedes? I don't even have them unpacked yet and I am in love. They are so active. I may have to keep them on my bedside table... :happy: Feathers in a cup.JPG

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
@mickiem

They are adorable!
Another one I've been considering getting at some point, probably within the next few months.
I'd like to wait til I have made a bunch of rotten wood before getting these.

Are they fast moving or more mild?

mickiem

Arachnoprince
@mickiem

They are adorable!
Another one I've been considering getting at some point, probably within the next few months.
I'd like to wait til I have made a bunch of rotten wood before getting these.

Are they fast moving or more mild?
They are moderately fast. But so active! I am sure I will enjoy these a lot. Good idea to wait on the wood, but I can't imagine them eating much, they are so little. I was lucky to find a rotten cherry stump and an old oak log that will feed thousands. :D

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
They are moderately fast. But so active! I am sure I will enjoy these a lot. Good idea to wait on the wood, but I can't imagine them eating much, they are so little. I was lucky to find a rotten cherry stump and an old oak log that will feed thousands. :D
Awesome!
Yeah I read they need about 70% rotten wood in order to survive and thrive iirc.
I haven't found much rotten wood, but hopefully I can find some over the weekend (and maybe some more 'pedes if I'm lucky lol).
I have found some nice soft oak wood but not a lot. And I used most of what I had found for my other enclosures.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They're a really neat species, I wish I still had mine. Guess I'll just have to get more in the future!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
This species is what got me interested in millipedes in the first place! Definitely going to be buying some in the near future. Gotta make a trip to the woods first...