Favourite species?

Lander9021

Arachnosquire
What is your favourite species? reasons why? And how many have you owned?

Mine is probably the t.stirmi or t.blondi mainly because of there size and remarkable fangs.
There may be species bigger but I am new to the hobby so that's the biggest I know of atm.
I havnt owned any of these but I would one day like to have one, at the moment I have a g.rosea.

louise f

Arachnoangel
IMG_1204.JPG

Mine favorite is the Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus, and all the other Psalmoes as well. ;) Because of their colors and the patterns. I have 2 of those.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
0.1 Pelinobius muticus, The 'Goddess' nuff said :)

OH-BITES-ALLAAARGH! five times a day in front of Kenya ;-)

LittleT

Arachnopeon
I don't have a favourite species, I just seem to adore all the smaller and dwarf species! Although I do really like and admire a lot of other larger species, I just don't feel confident enough to keep them.

louise f

Arachnoangel
My friend, since that video, when i think about P.ecclesiasticus (call me crazy, well i am) i think only about:
"Psalmopoeus balah-in... i'm not that good at..."

<3 :kiss:
Ohh my dear friend Christian, You just had to put that up. Hehe:D:p

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Pterinochilus murinus . I love the color , the attitude and all the webbing . I've own a bunch over the years .

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Aphonopelma chalcodes, for sure. Beautiful spider, great color forms, extremely docile, native to my home state, and relatively active for a desert terrestrial.

Acanthoscurria geniculata is a close second, just because of their personality of wanting to eat anything that moves. Great species if you're careful with where you put your fingers.

Reid0210

Arachnopeon
I'm really fond of the avicularia versicolor. The colors are absolutely amazing and the way they feel is so awesome. Mine recently died during a breeding attempt so I think I might have a soft spot for them right now lol hell....all t's are awesome!!

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
P. metallica, the blue beauty, or "The Beast" My gigantic P. regalis who literally kills anything near her, regardless if it's for food

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Loved my X. immanis, With those vibrant carapace colors and who could go wrong with that abdominal bed head look.

Last edited:

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Definitely acanthoscuria SP. "Brocklehursti" or acanthoscuria geniculata.
So much personality and attitude and the hungriest dearly species I know of. Not to mention absolutely beautiful striking colors.

Other honorable mentions ar e pretty much any pokie for size and color/patterns but they lose out on personality since they are a more light intolerant genus that likes to hide most of the day, making them pet tubes.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Psalmos and poecies, love the colours, the markings, the attitude.. have owned 2 P. Cambridgeis and 4 P. irminias and just one Poecie - that will change in the not so far future.

Close second would most definitely be my 2 M. balfouris - stunning webbing and colours, and fairly visible and always busy doing something - IME at least.

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Out of species I have not owned, I would say my favorite would be E. Sp Red. I want one so bad!

Out of what I own and have owned, I really enjoy P.Cambridgei, G.Pulchra, M.Balfouri, and A.Pupurea.

However my new obsession is Taps, I see it becoming quite the problem...

Perentie

Arachnosquire
I'm nearing two dozen individuals, thus far my favorite has been my newest, and my first OW, a Monocentropus balfouri

Yanose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i love pokies, psalmos, and avics but my favorite at the moment is P. cambridgei and A. diversipes hard to pick just one