1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite species?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Lander9021, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Lander9021

Lander9021 Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    What is your favourite species? reasons why? And how many have you owned?

Mine is probably the t.stirmi or t.blondi mainly because of there size and remarkable fangs.
    There may be species bigger but I am new to the hobby so that's the biggest I know of atm.
    I havnt owned any of these but I would one day like to have one, at the moment I have a g.rosea.

2. louise f

louise f Arachnoangel

IMG_1204.JPG

Mine favorite is the Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus, and all the other Psalmoes as well. ;) Because of their colors and the patterns. I have 2 of those.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

0.1 Pelinobius muticus, The 'Goddess' nuff said :)

OH-BITES-ALLAAARGH! five times a day in front of Kenya ;-)

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. LittleT

LittleT Arachnopeon

UK
    I don't have a favourite species, I just seem to adore all the smaller and dwarf species! Although I do really like and admire a lot of other larger species, I just don't feel confident enough to keep them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris LXXIX

My friend, since that video, when i think about P.ecclesiasticus (call me crazy, well i am) i think only about:
    "Psalmopoeus balah-in... i'm not that good at..."

<3 :kiss:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. louise f

louise f Arachnoangel

Ohh my dear friend Christian, You just had to put that up. Hehe:D:p

• Love Love x 1
  7. Chris LXXIX

Couldn't resist :) I loved that!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. BorisTheSpider

BorisTheSpider Overly Complicated

Pterinochilus murinus . I love the color , the attitude and all the webbing . I've own a bunch over the years .

• Like Like x 1
  9. EulersK

EulersK Arachnonomicon Staff Member

Aphonopelma chalcodes, for sure. Beautiful spider, great color forms, extremely docile, native to my home state, and relatively active for a desert terrestrial.

Acanthoscurria geniculata is a close second, just because of their personality of wanting to eat anything that moves. Great species if you're careful with where you put your fingers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Reid0210

Reid0210 Arachnopeon

I'm really fond of the avicularia versicolor. The colors are absolutely amazing and the way they feel is so awesome. Mine recently died during a breeding attempt so I think I might have a soft spot for them right now lol hell....all t's are awesome!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

probably my O. Violaceopes or P. Regalis.

12. Toxoderidae

Toxoderidae Arachnoprince

P. metallica, the blue beauty, or "The Beast" My gigantic P. regalis who literally kills anything near her, regardless if it's for food

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Flexzone

Flexzone Arachnodemon

Loved my X. immanis, With those vibrant carapace colors and who could go wrong with that abdominal bed head look.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  14. Haksilence

Haksilence Bad At Titles Arachnosupporter

Definitely acanthoscuria SP. "Brocklehursti" or acanthoscuria geniculata.
    So much personality and attitude and the hungriest dearly species I know of. Not to mention absolutely beautiful striking colors.

Other honorable mentions ar e pretty much any pokie for size and color/patterns but they lose out on personality since they are a more light intolerant genus that likes to hide most of the day, making them pet tubes.

15. lalberts9310

lalberts9310 Arachnoprince

Psalmos and poecies, love the colours, the markings, the attitude.. have owned 2 P. Cambridgeis and 4 P. irminias and just one Poecie - that will change in the not so far future.

Close second would most definitely be my 2 M. balfouris - stunning webbing and colours, and fairly visible and always busy doing something - IME at least.

16. shaneshac

shaneshac Arachnosquire

Call me boring but its Grammostola pulchripes! My first T was an adult male pulchripes i bought cheap knowing my mate had a female ready to go

Now I am the proud owner of one of his daughters

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. leaveittoweaver

leaveittoweaver Arachnoknight

Out of species I have not owned, I would say my favorite would be E. Sp Red. I want one so bad!

Out of what I own and have owned, I really enjoy P.Cambridgei, G.Pulchra, M.Balfouri, and A.Pupurea.

However my new obsession is Taps, I see it becoming quite the problem...

18. milky

milky Arachnopeon

It's really hard to decide o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Perentie

Perentie Arachnosquire

I'm nearing two dozen individuals, thus far my favorite has been my newest, and my first OW, a Monocentropus balfouri

20. Yanose

Yanose Arachnobaron Old Timer

i love pokies, psalmos, and avics but my favorite at the moment is P. cambridgei and A. diversipes hard to pick just one