Favourite freebie?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Yeah, I was a bit annoyed by that seeing as I'd only been in the hobby for 4 months at the time, talk about falling in the deep end :embarrassed:.
I turned down the P. cam because 'noob me' didn't want an intermediate arboreal species as his second T.
Re: OW freebie
I know how you feel. I got an O.sp.BluePanay sling as freebie with the purchase of an E.pachypus. I know they're both OW...but still it scared the crap out of me. Still does, a little, since the damn thing grows like weeds.
Re: P.cam slings...
You're excused :smug:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I haven't received enough freebies to have a favourite but my B albo and G pulchripes were both freebie slings included in separate larger orders. They have both been pleasant additions to my collection as they've grown.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I know how you feel. I got an O.sp.BluePanay sling as freebie with the purchase of an E.pachypus. I know they're both OW...but still it scared the crap out of me. Still does, a little, since the damn thing grows like weeds.
Yeah, my little surprise freebie of doom has shot up from 1cm to about 2.5in in the 5 months or so that I've had it, it's not been too bad (kind of a cross between a pet hole and a brown GBB on combat drugs lol), I'm just extra vigilant when working with it.

ronoverdrive

Arachnopeon
My P. cambridgei definitely. It's my first freebie and I wasn't sure I even wanted it. I was even tempted for forego taking the freebie, but after talking to Tanya over at Fear Not I decided to take the chance on the P. cambridgei. So far this is one T that has never let me down. It is a little architect building the most impressive webbing I've seen out of all my T's and when it comes to feeding its the very definition of "fucking metal" as it will literally tear through its own home without a second thought to get at its prey. If it turns out to be female I'm naming her Taarna.

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Cyriocosmus perezmilesi, because it was one of my favourite species at the time I got it. Recently I got a freebie L. parahybana. I never thought I would own one, but it's really grown on me and eats like a champ for a little sling, so I'm looking forward to that one getting bigger.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
What's been your favourite freebie? That doesn't include spiders that were free off of your local kijiji, Craigslist, etc.
Mine was a 1/4" Nhandu tripepii who turned out female (I'm pretty sure)!
A 1" A.Geniculatta. I sold her last year but she was definitely the best freebie. I love h.macs, but I've gotten so many as freebies that they were hard to appreciate

Wiscokid

Arachnopeon
C. darlingi...wasn't sure I'd ever keep baboons. Now I have several.
ditto, got a darlingi for free, the T that broke me on avoiding OW ..

also got a 1.5 P. irminia that I love and will get more of when given the opportunity