Favourite Baboon species?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Kinda new to keeping baboons but still cant chose....probably the one in a new dress at that moment :)
love her when I see her I. mira
2017-01-06 11.32.20.jpg

Always out and willing to eat H. pulchripes
IMAG3074.jpg

newest addition love the tiny attitude 3" P. muticus. When I walk past her she goes into a threat pose LOL
2017-05-14 11.09.11.jpg

Walker253

Arachnobaron
My favorite baboon is the one that is seen. The one in my collection that I always, yes always seen, is my C marshalli. The horn is all bonus too.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
There are so many that I would like to own. Out of the two I've kept one died after a week and the other is a ghost. They are A. ezendami and H. maculata. From these two, I cannot pick one over the other.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Baboons are THE BEST! I haven't met one I don't love. I can't narrow it down to one, so here are the top contenders.

Heteroscodra maculata was my original favorite baboon. They look like snowflakes or carved bone. I love them, and they almost seem crafty and smart. Well, for a tarantula.

Idiothele mira is another finalist. They're fun-sized, absolutely beautiful with that sunburst carapace and those blue feet, AND they live in trap door retreats! So cool!

Monocentropus balfouri are beautiful, blue, and can be kept communally if you're willing to take a little risk. What's not to love?

Eucratoscelus pachypus are amazing. Go-go boots? Check. Good temperament? Check. I was surprised by how much I enjoy mine.

Oh, and I hear there's this thing called The Goddess. I should probably include her. I'll leave Chris to soliloquize about her thick back legs, impressive stridulation, deep burrows into the red earth of Mother Africa...

Honorable mentions: Harpactira pulchripes and chrysogaster, Ceratogyrus brachycephalus (actually, any Ceratogyrus), Augacephalus breyeri, and the one and only OBT!
I'm with you on this one. I have a number of them and they are my favorite group of Ts with Asian Arboreals being a close second. I would not even know where to begin trying to pick a favorite. I have more baboons than any other group in my collection and that's not likely to change anytime soon.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
@Trenor i am the same. Roughly 65% of species I keep are Baboons, 25% Asian and a lonely 10% from the Americas.

Very difficult to pin favourites when there is so many awesome species...

... gotta catchem all.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone I was wondering what some of your favourite Baboon species to keep was? I personally love the heavy webbers and basically any T that likes it dry :D. I am thinking of a
Harpactira pulchripes or Pterinochilus lugardi for my next baboon. I also really like the
Harpactira dictator and Ceratogyrus species, I just got a love hate thing with the horn LOL.
My top three: C. Marshalli
M.Balfouri
P.Muticus (all hail the queen)

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone I was wondering what some of your favourite Baboon species to keep was? I personally love the heavy webbers and basically any T that likes it dry :D. I am thinking of a
Harpactira pulchripes or Pterinochilus lugardi for my next baboon. I also really like the
Harpactira dictator and Ceratogyrus species, I just got a love hate thing with the horn LOL.
The honourable mentions go to H.Maculata and P.Murinus

FinnMosin

Arachnopeon
I'm new to keeping, so maybe I don't have patience. But my 2" P. Muticus is easily the least favorite spider I own out of 21. Oh the heresy!

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I'm new to keeping, so maybe I don't have patience. But my 2" P. Muticus is easily the least favorite spider I own out of 21. Oh the heresy!
BOOOOO!!! Haha, change the setup so you can see it in the burrow. Force the burrow to the side. Then love that you'll still rarely see it, but she (hopefully she) rules your collection.

No, heresy! :angelic:

Praise the Goddess! :bookworm:
My Goddess's favorite baboon is my C marshalli too.

Jason B

Arachnosquire
I honestly wasn't a huge fan of them to begin with either, a slow growing pet whole still doesn't dazzle me with excitement however, I'd rather have a pet hole then a pet rock, at some point I will attempt to acquire a decent sized female because I have began to see pictures of them and instead of being like not for me I'm now like I will have to get one sometime.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I honestly wasn't a huge fan of them to begin with either, a slow growing pet whole still doesn't dazzle me with excitement however, I'd rather have a pet hole then a pet rock, at some point I will attempt to acquire a decent sized female because I have began to see pictures of them and instead of being like not for me I'm now like I will have to get one sometime.
Bravo, Jason B! :)