Favorite trapdoor, funnel web, or mouse spider?

TheBigEmail

Arachnopeon
What is the most interesting species you’ve kept? What is your favorite species? Why?

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
It's impossible for me to just pick 1, there's just too many good ones.

Favourite heavy webbing species- Australothele nambucca
IMG_20220302_230645.jpg

Favourite colouration and temperament- Proshermacha, Teyl and Aname
IMG_20220301_230441.jpg

Favourite unique burrowing trapdoors- the Euoplos turrificus species group
IMG_20220130_145851.jpg

Favourite mouse spider- Missulena occatoria
IMG_20211229_120809.jpg

Favourite uncommon family- Barychelidae (yes, they are trapdoors, despite their resemblance to T's)
IMG_20211221_122333.jpg
IMG_20211215_232235.jpg

Favourite funnelweb- Hadronyche infensa
IMG_20211214_224512.jpg

Favourite jack of all trades genus- Arbanitis
IMG_20220410_221405.jpg

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My favorite trapdoor I’ve kept is Liphistius, their trip lines are pretty cool and I love their armored look. My favorite Dipluridae I’ve had is Linothele megatheloides. I have had one for I believe over 6 years and they are just fun spiders to keep. Mine is always out in the open and has an insane amount of web. Purseweb spiders are fun too!

TheBigEmail

Arachnopeon
View attachment 415234
[/QUOTE] Thankyou for all the beautiful pictures! I have some research to do now. What exactly do you mean by “jack of all trades” this one definitely intrigued me the most

TheBigEmail

Arachnopeon
My favorite trapdoor I’ve kept is Liphistius, their trip lines are pretty cool and I love their armored look. My favorite Dipluridae I’ve had is Linothele megatheloides. I have had one for I believe over 6 years and they are just fun spiders to keep. Mine is always out in the open and has an insane amount of web. Purseweb spiders are fun too!
Liphistius are definitely super cool spiders they look almost prehistoric. Linothele are my favorite genus of spiders! I always catch my fallax out and hes always up for a staring contest. I’ve never owned a mouse spider tho I’ve heard the northeast U.S has some native species I’d like to own.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
View attachment 415234
Thankyou for all the beautiful pictures! I have some research to do now. What exactly do you mean by “jack of all trades” this one definitely intrigued me the most
[/QUOTE]
They just have too many good things about them. This single genus possesses and astonishing variety of burrow behaviour diversity, beautiful metallic golden colouration often backed by unique markings, they are easy to breed compared to other genera, they are very visible almost all day every day of the year at the entrance to their burrows, they are really good eaters, and the majority are very hardy and forgiving of beginner mistakes.

They are just good at everything. But if I said they are my absolute favourite, I'd be missing out on all the other awesome families and genera above