Favorite thing about Tarantulas?

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
lol right!!! u know whats odd?? i have never been bitten by a T yet but i have been bitten many tomes by women i mean it left teeth marks for a few days
Well I have been bitten by both....I'll take a tarantula bite any day! lol

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I enjoy thier perfection and I find thier design to be almost artistic, they are built perfectly.

Ts are #1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love there diffrent personalities and colors i cant stop staring at my Versi!{D

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well I have been bitten by both....I'll take a tarantula bite any day! lol
ROFL!!!!! {D {D {D
+1 to that!!!!!!

There are so many great things about keeping tarantulas, it's hard to pick a favorite. I guess my most favorite thing about T's is that this hobby is "different." T's are an unusual pet because sooooo many people are blindly frightened by them. They have absolutely no clue why they are afraid (other than it's a spider), but when you show these people your collection of various Avics, you practically have instant-converts!!!! No one can resist the power of the little pink booties!!!!! Then you show them your Pokies, and watch the jaws drop in sheer amazement.

Once you have an attentive audience, you can instill your passion into them. They may not go run out an buy a T, but they will have an amazing story to tell other people. Some people opt to remain ignorant, and that's their choice (some people will need to be put in their place, though). However, my experience has been that most people have a weakness for small, fuzzy things.....paint the correct picture for them, and human-nature will keep their ears and mind open.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ROFL!!!!! {D {D {D
+1 to that!!!!!!

There are so many great things about keeping tarantulas, it's hard to pick a favorite. I guess my most favorite thing about T's is that this hobby is "different." T's are an unusual pet because sooooo many people are blindly frightened by them. They have absolutely no clue why they are afraid (other than it's a spider), but when you show these people your collection of various Avics, you practically have instant-converts!!!! No one can resist the power of the little pink booties!!!!! Then you show them your Pokies, and watch the jaws drop in sheer amazement.

Once you have an attentive audience, you can instill your passion into them. They may not go run out an buy a T, but they will have an amazing story to tell other people. Some people opt to remain ignorant, and that's their choice (some people will need to be put in their place, though). However, my experience has been that most people have a weakness for small, fuzzy things.....paint the correct picture for them, and human-nature will keep their ears and mind open.
Well said.:clap:

bobsleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I like the response that they can create in other people. Most people are in awe at them when they come visit.

Also when a tiny sling takes on a roach the same size as itself and wins!

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I honestly don't know what I find more fascinating about them. There are a few things I love about them.

The main reason I think is because they are just SOOO opposite from us - all the legs, the frame on the outside, the strange chemical and vibration sensory they have and the almost robotic nature of them.

I know what the OP means about how they groom. Mine spend more time cleaning than my dogs. {D

Never been bitten by a tarantula yet, but I've been bitten twice by a macaw and that SMARTS!

Oh, almost forgot! Even though I've read at least three times on TKG how it's done, I STILL can't get over the way when they molt such a big "spider" can come out of such a skiny, small shell! Even with the jumping spiders, too. Gets me every time! :D

I could go on and on.... darn true spiders for sucking me in!

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There's so much to like about them. In addition to the feeding, molting, and grooming, the thing I love most about them is the way they move. I love to watch them walk around, exploring their homes. They are somewhat robotic in their movements but they also have a grace to them. They're almost hypnotic with their movements

night4now

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There's so much to like about them. In addition to the feeding, molting, and grooming, the thing I love most about them is the way they move. I love to watch them walk around, exploring their homes. They are somewhat robotic in their movements but they also have a grace to them. They're almost hypnotic with their movements
I enjoy thier perfection and I find thier design to be almost artistic, they are built perfectly.
Im with both of you. They are fluid, and seamless. They can move quick as lightning, or sit still for hours, but when you see them eating, catching prey, or just taking a stroll, you cant help but be struck by the litheness they posses. Truly awe inspiring.

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i would have to say their
unpredictable behavior
they always amaze
just when you think you figured
it out
bam!
something new

violentblossom

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The way they move, the relatively cheap costs of caring for them, their colors, the way they eat, and their personalities.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I like to watch them hunt, I get such a feeling of satisfaction when they catch their prey. I also just like watching them move, they can be so graceful.