Favorite thing about Tarantulas?

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I did a search and didn't see this topic so....What do you like most about Tarantulas? I myself love watching them groom themselves, i think that is the most fascinating thing i have ever seen.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
feeding responses and molting. But I'd rather just say everything :D

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
feeding responses and molting. But I'd rather just say everything :D
I love everything too, but what i'm lookin for is that one thing that you wait to see or when you see it your in awe.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love everything too, but what i'm lookin for is that one thing that you wait to see or when you see it your in awe.
than I stick by what I originally said. :) I love seeing the different feeding responses from my Ts, my OBT takes her food real gently and my P. cambridgei threatens it before pouncing, often before I drop it from the tongs.

and definately molting, I've only had one T molt so far, my 5" B. smithi, but I have two in premolt!!!

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i love the fact that power preformance and beauity can all be mastered in a little creature!!! women think im crazy but there are so many simmilarities to women and T's!!!! u know waht i mean!!! appreciate form a distance

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i love the fact that power preformance and beauity can all be mastered in a little creature!!! women think im crazy but there are so many simmilarities to women and T's!!!! u know waht i mean!!! appreciate form a distance
Similarities...... other than woman not being covered with hair? lol

I know what you mean tho. So beautiful, but you better not F$%k with them.

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll agree to the feeding response with some elaboration. SPEED. I just can't see it enough times to believe it. That, coupled with incredible accuracy and an almost mathematical awareness of their prey. For example. How do they understand and almost predict the trajectory in space from the point at which a cricket lands to where it is going to bounce? I've seen them catch one in the air off the ground! It's almost instantaneous and I totally don't get it. I'm so baffled...

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I like how different they all are. They are so diverse in terms of behavior, looks...etc. I especially like how they make themselves at home and start building their own little homes in the enclosure.

When they walk it's like a dance.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I love all the different colors, shapes, and sizes they come in.

I also enjoy raising them from tiny slings to adults. I guess that's the mom in me. :D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have to go with the feeding as well.. My Rose Hairs are brutal.. My B, smithi is so scared of it I still have to pre-kill for it.. My OBT just grabs its prey so easy and softly... My C. andersoni barely 1 inch will throw a threat pose and chase its prey..

And also I have to go with the beauty of each individual. Never see one that looks like the other..

Shanigirl

Arachnopeon
I am still so excited that I finally have one of my own. Her personality and beauty is so unique! :)

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ease of care. Pretty much any other pet will eventually start smelling real bad or otherwise get on your nerves when things get busy and you neglect them a little. Tarantulas stay in their little space and don't make any noise or smell.

They are the pet that's there for you when you want to give them attention and doesn't mind at all when you don't.

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
eat, grow, and being easy compared to other pets to mantain. Plus all the colours and species you can get.

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Watching them eat (thank you RobC/Jon's feeding vids for my fix). Love how quick they pounce. And of course they also look awesome.

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just love staring at my G. rosea.
She is very interesting, from eating, to grooming herself, drinking water, when she tries to re-arrange the plastic leaves in her enclosure...
I just love her for who she is, a fascinating 8-legged creature :D

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Similarities...... other than woman not being covered with hair? lol

I know what you mean tho. So beautiful, but you better not F$%k with them.

lol right!!! u know whats odd?? i have never been bitten by a T yet but i have been bitten many tomes by women i mean it left teeth marks for a few days