1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Tarantula Type (poll)

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Palespider, Dec 16, 2003.

What's your favorite tarantula type?

1. Docile terrestrials: Aphonapelma, Brachypelma, and Grammostola

256 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. Large and defensive terrestrials: Acanthoscurria, Theraphosa, Lasiodora, etc.

126 vote(s)
    16.8%
  3. Bitey burrowers: Citharischius, Haplopelma, Hysterocrates, etc.

60 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Docile and colorful arboreals: Avicularia

131 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. Speedy and potent arboreals: Poecilotheria, Heterscodra, Stromatopelma, and Psalmopoeus

178 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. FireGuyX

FireGuyX Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    The Psalmopoeus genus are my favorites.

2. JC

JC Arachnoprince

Poecilotheria and Psalmopoeus.

3. Shell

Shell ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker

I voted for the "docile terrestrials", only because Im so new to the hobby and my one and only T (as of right now) is a very docile juvenile G.pulchripes, who has totally helped me to overcome my fear of spiders :D

Second choice for me would be the "Docile and colorful arboreals." An A. versi is next on my list.

4. micheldied

micheldied Arachnoprince

hmmm,tough choices,but i chose of course the big and the bad.:D

5. I only have psalmos currently, but yeah I picked them for the huge package in a tiny vessel - speedy, shy, beautiful and a healthy appetite!

This is only the beginning though... :wicked:

6. Pokies, H Macs, and S cals are my cup of T ;)

7. TarantulaFanBoy

TarantulaFanBoy Arachnopeon

WA
    Ornithoctoninae Hands down My favorite Genus Next to Phormingochilus But theres also Cyriopagopus,Lampropelma,Poecilotheria, But all in all if i had a Haplopelma robustum Id get down on both Knees and cry like a baby. I guess im trying to say i dont have a favorite Lol il ike them ALL

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  8. DooM_ShrooM

DooM_ShrooM Arachnosquire

i like the ones that bite!! ahaha so it will be fun wathing them eat their poor food haha:wicked:

9. jb62

jb62 Arachnosquire

I chose these two because they are very docile..
    E.campestratus and G.pulchra.

10. kaydyn1512

kaydyn1512 Arachnobaron

I am crazy about arboreals!! But there are several terrestrial genes I have and love as well. My favorite genes of T is Avicularia (Specifically A versi), my second would be G pulchripes, then every other Avic and Poecilotheria oh then there is the G pulchra and ummm well, I LOVE THEM ALL.

11. jcrow209

jcrow209 Arachnopeon

I'm a pokie man!

regalis,metallica,smithi,formosa,etc... There all so beautiful and demand respect!!! Gotta catch 'em all!!!

12. I love grammostolas ... roseas and pulchras... Large enough for wow factor , beautiful colors and docil enough to appreciate with the lid open...lol

13. CAK

CAK Arachnobaron

Now Thats a person using the search function! Way to bring a dead thread alive! :)

14. poppaJT

poppaJT Arachnopeon

Texas
    The docile terrestrials, slow moving, calm, easy to care for!!

15. Jacobchinarian

Jacobchinarian Arachnoknight

I like big nw terrestrials. Panama red rump and goliath bird eater being my favorite.

16. robc

robc Arachnoemperor

Poecilotheria are my favorites, colorful, fast, fast growing, good eaters, not to many health problems and easy cage maintance.

2nd:

Avics!!!!

Wait...how old is this thread LOL!!!

17. captmarga

captmarga Arachnobaron

Texas
    There isn't a place on the poll for "All of the above". I don't care if they are fast, slow, climb, burrow, sit out on a log, or wave fangs at me. I love them all.

I can't decide who my current fav(s) is/are. I like my rose hair, I like my pokie, I like my sun tigers (new molt on one!)

Marga

18. BigJ999

BigJ999 Arachnoknight

MS
    Citharischius, Haplopelma, Hysterocrates, etc. but i like them all so lol it doesn't matter. :D

19. pato_chacoana

pato_chacoana Arachnoangel

I think I voted like 2 years ago, but def. large defensive Theraphosinae! Theraphosa, Pamphobeteus, Xenesthis, Acanthoscurria, Megaphobema................

20. So old that they didn't have Lampropelma or Cyriopagopus as an option.