Favorite scorpion enclosures

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
I'm curious as to what people most like to use for housing their scorpions. For me, I would desire something that could accommodate at least 4-6" of substrate and still have a decent amount of space between the substrate and the top, a container with a secure and appropriate lid, a container that is spacious enough to afford active species some room to wander, and a container that is clear. Exoterras are wonderful, but as I suspect most of you do, I plan to have a large collection and seeing as I'm not Bill Gates, I can afford to put my scorps and Ts up in such pricey suites.
So far, I'm leaning towards stocking up on 5,10, and 20 gallon long aquariums, next $1 per gallon sale I find. They seem the most practical and the lids can be customized for desert or high humidity scorpions. One other ideal characteristic would be ease of fitting several of a readily available shelving unit of some sort. I foresee building a shelving unit, in the very near future.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
When I was first getting into the hobby i wanted nice big realistic enclosures for my scorps. But as the collection grew and after experimenting with all different types of enclosures from tubberware . To fish tanks. To small acrylic stuff. You come you realise the huge stuff just isn't necessary and takes up way to much space if you have a large collection.... by far my favorite enclosure that are made ready to go are the Exo Terra breeder boxes. They house all my scorps perfectly fine.. And I have a few small acryclic (hobby lobby) display cases I put holes in for my smaller scorps 20170515_171552.jpg old pic of a few of the exo terra breeder boxes .

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I love the aqueon glass enclosures. They are great for customization, as you can buy them without lids and make your own. So long as you stocked up on them, you could divide 5 and 10 gal enclosures to fit slings/juvies/small species. All it takes is some properly cut acrylic and some silicon :D Here are examples of two I have made, one being used and one is awaiting guests ;) The first is a 20 gal divided enclosure for my Hadogenes species. They have been doing pretty well, and it looks great. The second is one I did recently, I divided a 2.5 gal enclosure for future desert slings. To me, I love the look of these style enclosures. They help save space and can be customized to whatever size section you want :) Easy to make, I am no DIY man myself and even I could make these look decent. Here are pics:

Attachments

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
At $25+ for the exoterra breeder box, the aquariums are still looking like the most economical option.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
$25 ouch. I got mine for $10 a pop. And my little acrylic enclosures are about $5-$8 a pop

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
With 50+ the majority of mine are in different sizes of Tupperware but a few of my adults specimens have nicer digs, biggest being a 10gln I keep 3 of my Parabuthus mossambicensis in and a 5gln for my (Tunisian) female Androctonus australis hector and another 5gln I've got a pair of Androctonus baluchicus in
(IMO) Once you've got a few dozen it's much more economical to go the Tupperware route and so much easier to maintain them and organize them

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
I like the depth on aquariums. A shallow container with hots, especially arboreal species, like Tityus, make me uneasy. I'm comfortable around hots, but I also like to eliminate variables that could lead to an envenomation.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I picked mine up from a reptile store local to me. They have them cheaper than what I see them go for online. Maybe they get a better deal through vender. And my display cases i pick up from hobby lobby and pop ventilation holes

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Due to the amount I keep I use plastic jars deli cups Tupperware etc.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I love the exo terra breeder boxes as well! And definitely cheaper to get them at reptile stores. Smallest ones are like $8. Also, they're extremely well-made for the price. They can stack, and have little side doors to drop food in without having to unstack them. Don't let the looks fool you. Even though they look very much like the average kritter keeper, they are built WAY better IMO.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I love the exo terra breeder boxes as well! And definitely cheaper to get them at reptile stores. Smallest ones are like $8. Also, they're extremely well-made for the price. They can stack, and have little side doors to drop food in without having to unstack them. Don't let the looks fool you. Even though they look very much like the average kritter keeper, they are built WAY better IMO.
Oh sooooooo much better than the KKs I have a few KKs for my really small scorps but I dislike them. Their narrow and the The lids suck and are hard to pop off sometimes. Breeder boxes are way more recommended for anybody who wants a clean . Practical. Stackable, matching enclosures and the extra slots for feeding and watering help. If the enclosures are stacked properly you can do all your feeding without removing anything

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
I'm liking the breeder boxes more and more, it's just finding a local seller or an online source that will discount quantity purchases. I'd prefer a little more height, but I have 24" tongs and can and will always place the breeder box in a larger, deeper tote, when needing to remove the lid or transfer the scorp, so no escapes are possible.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
They can house any! Scorp they house all my stuff from my parabuthas, Australis, hottentottas. On the other hand. Not so ideal for Arboreal sp. Climbers. Or heterometrus sp. That require real deep substrate and high humidity and I always! Place these containers in a larger plastic bin when re housing . Cleaning. Etc..

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
I like the large, round, display containers, they use at herp shows, too, but I have a while to worry, since everything is coming as slings.