1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Scopions

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Gillian Pajor, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Gillian Pajor

Gillian Pajor Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    So I have owned some Scorpions in my time, and for some reason I love the Red Claw. I know they are known to have more attiude then an Emporor Scorpions and are usually second started behind Asian Forest, but the simplity of them just makes them so appealing to me. Can anyone tell me what their favorite it and why? I am just curious if the easily cared ones are more popular then the more difficult ones.

gillian

2. RTTB

RTTB Arachnoprince Active Member

I couldn't possibly have a favorite as I have so many I think are the coolest thing ever.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CWilson1351

CWilson1351 Arachnobaron Active Member

I couldn't pick just one species either. Scorpions are just amazing animals in general in my opinion.

4. miss moxie

miss moxie Arachnoprince Active Member

As someone who hasn't kept scorpions (yet ;)) I have to say that all scorpions are great because when they walk with their little claws up they remind me of the psycho-robot, Francis X. Clampazzo, from Futurama. Like they always want to clamp things.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scorpionluva

Scorpionluva Arachnodemon Arachnosupporter

PA
    I couldnt narrow it down to 1 specie but i have to say id pick uroplectes if i HAD to choose a genus. So many colors , small but robust and definitely have attitude
    20170715_212423.jpg
    Uroplectes planimanus
    IMG00057-20151116-1319.jpg
    Uroplectes planimanus
    IMG00071-20151120-1839.jpg
    Uroplectes flavoviridius
    IMG00013-20150916-1619.jpg
    Uroplectes olivaceus MOZ
    20170827_120732.jpg
    Uroplectes vittatus
    IMG00029-20151108-2028.jpg
    Uroplectes pilosus
    IMG00044-20151001-1318.jpg
    Uroplectes chubbi

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere Arachnoprince Active Member

7. Gillian Pajor

Gillian Pajor Arachnopeon

Those are to cute omg

8. ArachnoDrew

ArachnoDrew Arachnoprince Active Member

Everything fat tail is my fav. Lol 20170911_184306.jpg Screenshot_20170825-190121.png 20170610_102347.jpg 20170908_053636(0).jpg 20170906_124858.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. darkness975

darkness975 a Dream Within a Dream Arachnosupporter

Pandinus spp.
    Hadrurus spp.
    Androctonus bicolor
    Leuirurus quinquestriatus.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. drapion

drapion Arachnobaron Old Timer

Centruroides and Tityus!!!
    Out of all the different ones I've owned i would say C.limbatus, C.griseus and T.bahiensis.
    But i cant wait to finally get some C.bicolor. love the way they look.

11. Serpyderpy

Serpyderpy Arachnosquire Active Member

Never owned a scorpion, but I really like Scorpio maurus, the Isreali gold scorpion, which I did see for sale at a local reptile convention! I also really love the look of Lychas marmoreus, the marbled scorpion, but they're an Australian species so I doubt I'll get one anytime soon.

12. Luke0227a

Luke0227a Arachnopeon

Heterometrus madraspatensis
    Hadrurus spadix
    Cant decide out of those two

13. Walker253

Walker253 Arachnobaron Active Member

Leiurus quinquestriatus, I love this little thing. So full of anger and hostility. Watching it kill lateralis is better than any arachnid I own.

14. chanda

chanda Arachnodemon Active Member

I absolutely adore my Hadogenes troglodytes. Sure, she's not the most exciting scorpion on the planet - more of a pet rock, really - but that's what I love about her. She's big, she's beautiful, she's a reasonably active hunter - and I can pick her up for classroom demonstrations without having to worry (too much) about getting stung. My feistier scorpions are fun to watch - but strictly "hands off"!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Oroborus

Oroborus Arachnosquire

• Like Like x 1
  16. ArachnoDrew

ArachnoDrew Arachnoprince Active Member

Parabuthus Transvaalicus Male and Female
    Parabuthus pallidus Orange morph
    Androctonus Australis Hector Morph

17. Buthus draa is my current favorite as I don't really have a large assortment of species (yet) haha. Mine are all 3i so they are small but they are fast and fiesty. Absolutely gorgeous too.

18. Mila

Mila Arachnoknight Active Member

19. AusBugKid

AusBugKid Arachnosquire

L. marmoreus are super tiny. I have had a few, my first scorp was one named Ozymandius. I would love to attempt a communal tank of them though, to make up for lack of size. I often find them in the carpark at work.

My favourite is P. imperator, I remember them from my childhood, living in Africa, and holy crap they are intimidating when you are less than 3ft tall.

• Like Like x 1
  20. USMuscle9403

USMuscle9403 Arachnosquire Old Timer

For species that I have kept, probably Rhopalurus junceus. For species I *haven't* kept, and probably never will, Apistobuthus pterygocercus :(

C. vittatus
    will always have a place on my heart, too, probably because it's the first species I collected in the wild.