Favorite Scopions

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
So I have owned some Scorpions in my time, and for some reason I love the Red Claw. I know they are known to have more attiude then an Emporor Scorpions and are usually second started behind Asian Forest, but the simplity of them just makes them so appealing to me. Can anyone tell me what their favorite it and why? I am just curious if the easily cared ones are more popular then the more difficult ones.

gillian

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I couldn't possibly have a favorite as I have so many I think are the coolest thing ever.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I couldn't pick just one species either. Scorpions are just amazing animals in general in my opinion.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
As someone who hasn't kept scorpions (yet ;)) I have to say that all scorpions are great because when they walk with their little claws up they remind me of the psycho-robot, Francis X. Clampazzo, from Futurama. Like they always want to clamp things.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I couldnt narrow it down to 1 specie but i have to say id pick uroplectes if i HAD to choose a genus. So many colors , small but robust and definitely have attitude
20170715_212423.jpg
Uroplectes planimanus
IMG00057-20151116-1319.jpg
Uroplectes planimanus
IMG00071-20151120-1839.jpg
Uroplectes flavoviridius
IMG00013-20150916-1619.jpg
Uroplectes olivaceus MOZ
20170827_120732.jpg
Uroplectes vittatus
IMG00029-20151108-2028.jpg
Uroplectes pilosus
IMG00044-20151001-1318.jpg
Uroplectes chubbi

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
I couldnt narrow it down to 1 specie but i have to say id pick uroplectes if i HAD to choose a genus. So many colors , small but robust and definitely have attitude
View attachment 251852
Uroplectes planimanus
View attachment 251853
Uroplectes planimanus
View attachment 251854
Uroplectes flavoviridius
View attachment 251855
Uroplectes olivaceus MOZ
View attachment 251856
Uroplectes vittatus
View attachment 251857
Uroplectes pilosus
View attachment 251858
Uroplectes chubbi

Those are to cute omg

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Pandinus spp.
Hadrurus spp.
Androctonus bicolor
Leuirurus quinquestriatus.

Last edited:

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Centruroides and Tityus!!!
Out of all the different ones I've owned i would say C.limbatus, C.griseus and T.bahiensis.
But i cant wait to finally get some C.bicolor. love the way they look.

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
Never owned a scorpion, but I really like Scorpio maurus, the Isreali gold scorpion, which I did see for sale at a local reptile convention! I also really love the look of Lychas marmoreus, the marbled scorpion, but they're an Australian species so I doubt I'll get one anytime soon.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Leiurus quinquestriatus, I love this little thing. So full of anger and hostility. Watching it kill lateralis is better than any arachnid I own.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I absolutely adore my Hadogenes troglodytes. Sure, she's not the most exciting scorpion on the planet - more of a pet rock, really - but that's what I love about her. She's big, she's beautiful, she's a reasonably active hunter - and I can pick her up for classroom demonstrations without having to worry (too much) about getting stung. My feistier scorpions are fun to watch - but strictly "hands off"!

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Parabuthus Transvaalicus Male and Female
Parabuthus pallidus Orange morph
Androctonus Australis Hector Morph

Stugy

Arachnolord
Buthus draa is my current favorite as I don't really have a large assortment of species (yet) haha. Mine are all 3i so they are small but they are fast and fiesty. Absolutely gorgeous too.

AusBugKid

Arachnosquire
Never owned a scorpion, but I really like Scorpio maurus, the Isreali gold scorpion, which I did see for sale at a local reptile convention! I also really love the look of Lychas marmoreus, the marbled scorpion, but they're an Australian species so I doubt I'll get one anytime soon.
L. marmoreus are super tiny. I have had a few, my first scorp was one named Ozymandius. I would love to attempt a communal tank of them though, to make up for lack of size. I often find them in the carpark at work.

My favourite is P. imperator, I remember them from my childhood, living in Africa, and holy crap they are intimidating when you are less than 3ft tall.

USMuscle9403

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
For species that I have kept, probably Rhopalurus junceus. For species I *haven't* kept, and probably never will, Apistobuthus pterygocercus :(

C. vittatus
will always have a place on my heart, too, probably because it's the first species I collected in the wild.