Favorite Arboreal Species

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Why is there a What’s you’re favourite arboreal thread every few months instead of just adding to the one thread?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Why is there a What’s you’re favourite arboreal thread every few months instead of just adding to the one thread?
Because new people don't read old threads.... Which is fine, because when they post in an old thread, they get told they're reviving old threads and get called necromancers.
New people just can't catch a break around here :p

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Because new people don't read old threads.... Which is fine, because when they post in an old thread, they get told they're reviving old threads and get called necromancers.
I think the thing with reviving old threads that people moan about is when someone asked a question about there sling and someone answers 2 years later

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Stromatopelminae or Phormingochilus. Hard decision. Pretty, secretive, and have an attitude.

Dman

Arachnosquire
I don't think there is such thing as an original post, thread or question on Arachnoboards that has not been discussed or the question answered many times over. What would we all have to talk about? Probably we all just be in the gallery liking each other tarantula pics.:)

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't think there is such thing as an original post, thread or question on Arachnoboards that has not been discussed or the question answered many times over. What would we all have to talk about?
Have we ever figured out what the tastiest species of tarantula is yet? I feel like that could be up for debate. :D

Crax

Arachnopeon
Poecilotheria regalis or Psalmopoeus cambridgei both are gorgeous and lately have been a delight to keep unlike a few others.

Dman

Arachnosquire
Have we ever figured out what the tastiest species of tarantula is yet? I feel like that could be up for debate. :D
Haha, I actually remember a post about asking if anyone has tried to eat tarantulas. So yes, I think that territory has been explored believe it or not.

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha, I actually remember a post about asking if anyone has tried to eat tarantulas. So yes, I think that territory has been explored believe it or not.
I’d believe that! I have a recipe for roasted Aphonopelma (I believe I got from here) that I’ll have to dig up. ;)

I’m curious, though. Do old world species taste different from new world? Are terrestrials more dense, or for lack of a better term “chewy”, than arboreals? Are South American spiders as spicy as ones from India/Asia?

Food for thought, pardon the pun.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I’d believe that! I have a recipe for roasted Aphonopelma (I believe I got from here) that I’ll have to dig up. ;)

I’m curious, though. Do old world species taste different from new world? Are terrestrials more dense, or for lack of a better term “chewy”, than arboreals? Are South American spiders as spicy as ones from India/Asia?

They all taste like chicken.

I digress, there’s nothing like looking into those enclosures in the evening and seeing those stocky, setae laden, monsters that are H. maculata and S. calceatum, just flippin’ magnificent.

Last edited:

Dman

Arachnosquire

Now I am really curious. I would like you to try them and let us know. I can't wait to hear about all the T's you had to eat. I would guess terrestrials would be more dense. I saw a documentary and these kids were catching T. stirmi's I think and the host of the documentary said the legs tasted like shrimp or crab. Then they cleaned out their teeth with the fangs.

duh. Of course they do!!:chicken:

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

I digress, there’s nothing like looking into those enclosures in the evening and seeing those stocky, setae laden, monsters that are H. maculata and S. calceatum, just flippin’ magnificent.
Think I found my recipe!

Might have to see if that chicken statement holds true.

So true!! The occasional glimpse makes it all worthwhile.

Last edited:

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
This thread is crazy: first it was "What's you favorite arboreal?", then it went to a discussion on necroposting, and now we're on what tarantulas taste like. What next?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Dman

Arachnosquire
I think the legs would be crispy when fried and if seasoned....maybe? I would not be able to bite into a gooey abdomen though.:vomit: