Fav scorps and why

leiurus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry man! I'll do research next time! But I'm new here, and I don't know the site by heart...
Dom

Constant Alarm

Arachnopeon
i been looking for asian rainforest scorps around here but have olny seen emps in the pet stores , my fav scorp right now is my emp i will try to get pics of it here kinda tough when its in its hide alot of times :)

Last edited:

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Constant Alarm said:
i been looking for asian rainforest scorps around here but have olny seen emps in the pet stores , my fav scorp right now is my emp i will try to get pics of it here kinda tough when its in its hide alot of times :)
Hetrometrus spp?

Gravy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Smeringurus Mesaensis is my fav so far.

Really active, always see my lil guy about (until recently) and they are one of the best looking scorps imo ghostly appearence and mines v. aggro and v. fast.
Like a mini version of a Desert Hairy only better looking :p

Shame I only just managed to get hold of 1 and now it looks like hes died on me :( ain't seen him in a week or so.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ive heard from 2 people who have living troubles from this spp, i think one person lost both of his, and the other lost one :(
i guess they dont like living in our depressing little country ;p

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can't see why anyone would want a Heterometrus when there is Androctonus :D
Have you ever seen anything as beautiful as a stridulating adult A. mauretanicus with it's incredibly fat tail and the stinger almost in it's face. Oh my, I'm getting all warm just thinking about it :)

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
George Carnell said:
ive heard from 2 people who have living troubles from this spp, i think one person lost both of his, and the other lost one :(
i guess they dont like living in our depressing little country ;p
I saw some for sale at the last AES show and they didn't look very healthy, your probably right they just don't agree with the UK, although H. arizionensis which comes from exactly the same habitiat seems to do fine...strange.

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,
My favorite were my Orthochirus scrobiculosus, but they are dead (Orthochirus spp don't live a long time, about one year). Since, my favorite are my P.villosus and H.franzwerneri gentili.
And my dream species is T.ocelote :)
Greetings,
Eric

Last edited:

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
PIter said:
There is nothing nerdy with not knowing the language of love, bell amore.
Now bon qui, bon qui to all! Wow I know french, I need sleep, I'm getting odd.
Lol :) you speak better french than I speak norwegian ! ;)
Greetings,
Eric

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think my fav is Hottentotta franzwerneri gentili.
He/she is the "undertaker" as he/she gets to eat the dead scorps.

Androctonus sp. are very nice too but you only get to see them once (when you first get them) however if you wan to see your scorps a lot then you'll have to create a small colony of C.margaritatas, they're always in the open.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
mine are Heterometrus spinifer- just bloody nice slender claws
and Hottentotta polysticus for the beautiful body shape,
and Grosphus limbatus for the colouration

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My favorites scorp is my Death Stalker :D
My dream scorps are Androctonus spp and H. arizonensis.

ArNT1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's hard to say because I have never had a scorpion, but V. Spinigerus looks like a nice scorpion.

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My dream species would be most of the Opistophthalmus genus especially O. longicauda and O. karrooensis I love the colouration of this genus especially the species with the contrasting block of colour on the prosoma, unfortunately I've never seen them offered so I'll have to go and catch them myself.

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The "untertaker" Hottentotta franzwerneri gentil in action ;)

the dead one is a lychas mucronatus.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Another great looking example of a species that ought to be made available to the U.S. market.