1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fatal Error when trying to start a new thread

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting / Suggestions' started by Rabid Flea, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Rabid Flea

Rabid Flea Arachnobaron Old Timer

Advertisement
    this is the error I keep getting

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1024 bytes) in /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/includes/functions_search.php on line 196

Call Stack
    # Function Location
    1 {main}() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/newthread.php:0
    2 build_new_post() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/newthread.php:150
    3 vb_datamanager_thread_firstpost->pre_save() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/includes/functions_newpost.php:343
    4 vb_datamanager_thread::pre_save() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/includes/class_dm_threadpost.php:1457
    5 fetch_similar_threads() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/includes/class_dm_threadpost.php:1084
    6 getsearchposts() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/includes/functions_search.php:376

2. moricollins

moricollins Arachnoprince Old Timer

I can post a new thread....

3. Rabid Flea

the problem seems to have been fixed, thanks guys!

4. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    Did you by any chance change what you were calling the thread when it went through as opposed to when you got the error?

Thanks

5. Rabid Flea

No, I typed the thread like normal, and hit submit, nothing out of the ordinary.

6. Arachnopets

NY
    but was the thread title the same both times?

7. becca81

becca81 Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Error while trying to post in "Other Arachnids" Forum

First time I've ever had this error - pink and white screen and most of this information is in a table. :?

I tried several times (new window - logged out, etc.) with the same result.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1024 bytes) in /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/includes/functions_search.php on line 196

Call Stack
    # Function Location
    1 {main}() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/newthread.php:0
    2 build_new_post() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/newthread.php:150
    3 vb_datamanager_thread_firstpost->pre_save() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/includes/functions_newpost.php:343
    4 vb_datamanager_thread::pre_save() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/includes/class_dm_threadpost.php:1457
    5 fetch_similar_threads() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/includes/class_dm_threadpost.php:1084
    6 getsearchposts() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/includes/functions_search.php:376

8. becca81

Here's the screen:
    [​IMG]

9. becca81

Hmm... when I changed the title it let me post it.

10. Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

USA
    We are looking into it. It is a known issue. As soon as we hear anything, we will let you know.

11. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies Old Timer

Had the same problem a while ago and tonight again. Seems as if things like braces don't get accepted, might even be the same for asterisks and other odd symbols.

12. Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

USA
    We just changed a setting temporarily to see if it stops the problem. Please, if anyone still gets an error like this when posting a new thread, let us know here. Also, if you can let us know what you were going to title the thread, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

The Arachnoboards Team

13. becca81

I got a similar error when trying to do a search (I tried doing both a regular search and advanced search) using the words "post ultimate."

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/search.php on line 1052

Call Stack
    # Function Location
    1 {main}() /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/search.php:0
    2 array_intersect () /home/virtual/site83/fst/var/www/html/ab/search.php:1052

14. Arachnopets

NY
    Hey Guys and Gals,

We just put what we hope is a fix into effect. We are looking into longer term solutions. Please let us know if you have further problems. If you do run into errors, it would be appreciated if you could tell us which forum you were trying to post in and what your thread title was.

Thanks

The Arachnoboards Team