Fast growing H chilensis...

CitizensOfTheWomb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So my female Hommoema chilensis seems to be in a hurry to grow up.

Acquired 8/29/18 - 1 1/4"
Molted 9/26/18 - 1 1/2"
Molted 11/21/19 - 1 5/8"
Molted 2/20/19 - 2"

Anyone seen growth rates like this from this species?
20190221_180438.jpg

sasker

Arachnoprince
Mine grew up quite quickly as well. I read everywhere that these are slow growers, but mine grew quite quickly. Sadly it turned out to be male and I always thought that was the reason for its quick growth.

It gets quite warm where I live and I don't always have the airco running. Perhaps you keep yours also at higher temps?

CitizensOfTheWomb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine grew up quite quickly as well. I read everywhere that these are slow growers, but mine grew quite quickly. Sadly it turned out to be male and I always thought that was the reason for its quick growth.

It gets quite warm where I live and I don't always have the airco running. Perhaps you keep yours also at higher temps?
It is warm where I live as well. And in the winter months I try and keep most of my collection above 75F.
From what I have heard about this species growth rate I still expected there to be a longer gap between molts.
I very recently acquired three more H chilensis and am curious to see how fast they will grow.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Thats definitely faster then most, although I think these tend to put on some more size once they get to the juvenile stage. Its small slings that take forever.