"False tarantula" (calisogsa) info needed

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Omg!! Now that the Calisoga is all settled in, her temperament has totally done a 180. Like I said earlier, I thought she was docile and slow. But when I picked up the little container she is in currently, she was a scrunched up and I and blew on it very slightly to see if she would move and she flipped out and started biting the hell out of the plastic and the dirt. So I guess she was just a bit stunned from being in transit in a paper cup, but now that she has become more comfortable she is showing her true colors.
Wow....alrighty then :D

Of course such a beautiful spider has a nasty temperament. The prettier, the more the spider is inclined to kill you :shifty:

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When you reply use the icon (link)in the header just two to the left of the smiley face (media) then copy/paste the url from the video host.
I only have the video on my iPhone (which I took it with) and posted on Instagram... I'm not sure my video has a URL. Does it and if it does how do I find it?

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
By the way, if my vid turns out not being able to be posted here, ppl who want to see it can always follow me on Instagram (account name: "themurderess") - and search: #jenistarantula

It's quite a sight! Lol

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I only have the video on my iPhone (which I took it with) and posted on Instagram... I'm not sure my video has a URL. Does it and if it does how do I find it?
You should be post a link directly to the video in your Instagram.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
@MrsHaas I don't know if it'll work because you have a private account, but if you go to your video, press the three dots (at the top right if you are using the app, I believe at the bottom right if you are using the website). Then click share, then scroll down to copy link.

EDIT: I was able to get the embed code of my vids from Instagram on my computer, however Arachnoboards seems to block me from entering the media URL.

Last edited:

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
@MrsHaas I don't know if it'll work because you have a private account, but if you go to your video, press the three dots (at the top right if you are using the app, I believe at the bottom right if you are using the website). Then click share, then scroll down to copy link.

EDIT: I was able to get the embed code of my vids from Instagram on my computer, however Arachnoboards seems to block me from entering the media URL.
Dammit. Well, if u guys want to see, follow me and I'll follow back.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Your calisoga is a female :) males have funky looking forelegs with a strange curve for clasping the female's forelegs during mating

These also can grow as large as 4" in legspan, you may have a juvie, still!

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Very cool spider. So we have these out here in California?

Leila

Arachnobaron
Wow! She is gorgeous! She looks So much like a tarantula.
Does anyone know what makes the Calisoga different than a tarantula?

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I don't know anything specific, but Calisoga is in the family Nemesiidae, and true tarantulas make up the family Theraphosidae.

Leila

Arachnobaron
I don't know anything specific, but Calisoga is in the family Nemesiidae, and true tarantulas make up the family Theraphosidae.
I did a teensy bit of research today. I found out that the Calisoga cannot climb glass/plastic like the Theraphosidae. I don't know much else as far as their differences go.

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
Anyone know where you could buy one of these? I mean, they are hard to find and all, online and outside...

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Anyone know where you could buy one of these? I mean, they are hard to find and all, online and outside...
I've never seen them offered. Wonder how hard breeding would be? If I find any around here I'll try my best to breed them and see what happens.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
This one of the many true spiders I want to add to my collection, but they're hard to find unless you go out and catch one.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
FYI I'm going to keep her in the large delicup I originally put her in. I'll repost the pics (this it when she first was housed):

IMG_4848.JPG IMG_4847.JPG IMG_4846.JPG

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It looks a little like a mix of a tarantula and a silver trapdoor spider. Fairly large chelicerae as well.
Is it still the little devil's spawn?