Fake reviews??

OxDionysus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I haven't been on the boards for a few months and logged on today and noticed I have a negative review on my reviews page. I tried to do a 50/50 with Mattybofmd and send him a MM T (i paid shipping) he told me it arrived and he was mating him... then dissapeared. I sent him about 5 messages over a couple months with no reply and posted a Negative review about it on his page. About three weeks later he posted a negative review on my reviews that is 100% made up. What can i do about this??? I have the whole conversation in my inbox still if any of the mods care to look?

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not a mod, so I can't speak for them, but I would reply to the negative review with your side of the story and include all of the evidence you have to support it. If it's clear that the negative review has no basis, it should be obvious to any potential buyers/trade partners. If you did a 50/50 with him, then he probably sold the male along with his female. I remember him selling what looked like his whole collection a few months ago.

Also, that user publicly insulted the forum as a whole and said he was never coming back, so I wouldn't worry about any ongoing issues with him.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I recently had slings from a 50/50 to send back to him, I sent mutable PM's and emails to him about it with no luck. I started a thread inquiring about his whereabouts lol. I was offered a phone # from another user here on the site and still couldn't get in touch with him. I did fear that he would pop up a year from now claiming I stole his spiders. Just when I spent the time to separate the slings he contacted me ( prob around the time he left your review ) and asked if I would send the slings to dealer that he had a deal worked out with , because he's no longer in the hobby. I promptly did , to keep my end of the deal, but I don't think you'll hear from him around here anymore.

Later, Tom