Failed Molt Attempt?

NenaColada

Arachnopeon
I'm having the same problem with my C. cyaneopubescens. I've been keeping close watch and it hasn't moved for 2 days now. It's just a little sling, so I still have it in a pill bottle. Was going to rehouse after it recovered from molting.. I'm super worried about it <:(

Attachments

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I'm having the same problem with my C. cyaneopubescens. I've been keeping close watch and it hasn't moved for 2 days now. It's just a little sling, so I still have it in a pill bottle. Was going to rehouse after it recovered from molting.. I'm super worried about it <:(
It's a bad sign if your sling isn't making progress in 2 days, but sadly, there isn't anything you can do but wait and see.

boina

Lady of the mites
That pill bottle has been too small for the spider two molts ago... This is a species that needs space to move. Also, did you keep it dry?

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
I have an Idiomatta sp. trapdoor that did this a while ago. Still alive but very sluggish as you said, but that could just be down to the species as I hear they’re generally pretty docile and calm as it has always been sluggish long before it happened
Actually I’m gonna correct myself here because she seems way more active now that’s she’s built a burrow and created a trapdoor, she’s very quick to pull it shut when I open it. I have just sort of been leaving her be so she could construct it once I noticed she’d created half a trapdoor but now that it’s finished she’s actually started taking live prey with some degree of consistency
Gonna revive this because that Idiomatta recently molted. Was torn up and webbed together so was probably in the burrow for some time