Exotic Jumping spiders discussion

BenLeeKing

Arachnoknight
Hi guys~ Today I want to have a little discussion about jumping spiders.
Recently I've seen too many cute Jumping spider pictures, and I want to I want to get some too... the ones available in US are very nice looking, but it also makes me wonder if people here also keep foreign exotic species too.

Also some extra stuff to talk about:
Back in my home town Hong Kong, we have a jumping spider keeping hobby, where people would catch or breed Thiania bhamoensis jumping spiders, and have the males fight (don't worry, no spider are harmed during the fighting). People actually train their prized jumpers by having them win against other weaker males, to build up the confidence, then have them fight other males that other people trained.
To start a match, 2 males are placed on a specially cut leaf arena ground and on sight both males will lock their front limbs and shove one another. Then fist one to back off and flee is the loser.
Sorry for the long post, but I just want people to share about interesting thing they know about jumping spiders, also I want to know if there are any exotic species that are in the US hobby right now.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Awesome story! Unfortunately exotic jumpers are not common in the U.S. hobby just yet.

arachnoherp

Arachnosquire
i have occasionally seen hyllus diardi for sale, i believe ken the bug guy had some a year ago, i want to say i saw someone selling portia sp