Exo Terra Flat Faunarium

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Was looking into housing some of my 'display' species in these, just one problem, too much ventilation. I was wondering, does anyone know of a way to cover up the ventilation on the top and still make it look good? On the cheap side too, your boys broke.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
The contact paper just like you said in the other thread is a perfect option. And you can even pick your color or go with clear.

Marvinxox

Arachnoknight
You could get some black acrylic, cut it so that it fits perfectly over the vents and then glue it into place using hot glue or some superglue.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I use plastic wrap taped tightly to the top. It keeps humidity in really well.

AnitaTC

Arachnopeon
I'm curious as to how this went for you. I've tried packing tape on both the inside and outside of lids to give it a double layer and cover all the sticky stuff. I like the contact paper idea better though.

What did you try and how well is it working?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I'm curious as to how this went for you. I've tried packing tape on both the inside and outside of lids to give it a double layer and cover all the sticky stuff. I like the contact paper idea better though.

What did you try and how well is it working?
I actually just made it easier on myself and stuck with containers from the Container Store. The acrylic/plastic shoe boxes they have are around the same size and clear. Along with their Accessory boxes, it's pretty much all I use besides deli cups.

AnitaTC

Arachnopeon
Ah yes, I'm taking a little trip to the container store soon myself. Thanks for the update.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Ah yes, I'm taking a little trip to the container store soon myself. Thanks for the update.
I highly recommend the Accessory Boxes for larger slings/juvies. Under $2, stackable and roomy. It’s 6” x 7” so it’s a good ‘grow out’ enclosure

2DFBB77D-B64E-42AD-A773-0A3A2CF3679A.jpeg

AnitaTC

Arachnopeon
Oh nice! I was perusing their website and getting excited. I'm working on updating and stepping up my terrarium game. I appreciate the recommendations.