Exo-Terra cactus

LAKingsGeek

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,

I've got a question about some of the Exo-Terra fake plants. I was considering using either the Saguaro or Finger cactus from Exo-Terra in an enclosure for a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens. Should I be concerned about the fake spines harming the T? Obviously they aren't rigid and extra sharp like the real thing but I just want to make sure it would be 100% safe. Any advice?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello everyone,

I've got a question about some of the Exo-Terra fake plants. I was considering using either the Saguaro or Finger cactus from Exo-Terra in an enclosure for a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens. Should I be concerned about the fake spines harming the T? Obviously they aren't rigid and extra sharp like the real thing but I just want to make sure it would be 100% safe. Any advice?

Not at all. I've seen them form burrows at the base succulents with REAL thorns. I speculate the GBB will likely just web over it anyway.

LAKingsGeek

Arachnopeon
Not at all. I've seen them form burrows at the base succulents with REAL thorns. I speculate the GBB will likely just web over it anyway.
Thank you! I actually just got to see them in person today and the spines are even softer than I imagined.