Evil Rosea (chilean rose hair) Therapy Group (Final Tally: Who's Got Em?)

robinsw

Arachnopeon
Mine turned into a total jerk a few weeks after I bought her. I am so glad I found this thread, it was very informative. I hope my tarantula gets nice again, or at least doesn't turn into the horrible bitch that some of these others seem to be!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
when My G Rosea has a mood swing it stands up like a OBT !! in a threat pose.. fell on its back attacking tongs once
my new G rosea does this.. not the old one thats bigger 6"

AshLee

Arachnopeon
Odd one out, heh, my RCF Rosea is definitely the best of my whole collection, and if I could only keep one, it'd be just her. Goodbye Greenbottles, A. Moderatum, A. Versicolor, A. Geniculata, G. Pulchras, and all the rest! They're simpler to replace, as it's just a matter of buying another. My Rosea, I may never find another one like, and would never chance it.

Mathayus

Arachnosquire
My rosea, Lizzy, is by far the meanest T I own. And I have a juvie H. albostriata!!! She acts more like a Haplo than a Grammie, and I've never seen her kick hairs. However, she throws up a threat posture if I barely nudge her KK. Once I did the paintbrush test, hoping she had gotten calmer with acclimating to captivity, but the bit the brush and knocked it out of my hand! Definately not as handlable as my G. pulchripes hahaha

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well it appears the thread necromancers have been at it again.
heh

For those amazed at the number of "evil" roseas, considering the number of roseas in the hobby, this really isn't that many. I suspect too that folks who have a docile one might be less likely to post it here as this thread's focus is on the more ... er ... 'lively' ones. :biggrin:

My girl has been a sweetheart the entire time I've had her -- about 12+ years now. Nary a hair flick nor threat pose to be had.

Blaze

Arachnopeon
I have one really mean rosea, Her name is Bitchface. She's a real bitch. When came to that time of the year when she needed a house cleaning, i mean a total make over, so she had to come out... well trying to get her onto a piece of cardboard to transfer her to a temp. home, she went right after the cardboard bit it and left venom on it....<EDIT> then left to let the hairs settle in my room, because they were alll in the the air, then i came back pissed at the little bitch and got her out some how, and gave her a new home, then putting her back in she thought it would be cool to rear up again and bite nothing, but the air... she is crazy... finally i got her into her new home. She will never come out again... untilll i move her again which is actually in the next week because i got a really big tank that i set a divider up in and she could use a bigger home... i'll let you guys know how it goes... Maybe take some pics of the attempt to move her again.
Mike
I also have another rosea who is nice. :)
hey man just grab another look at the rules on profanity. not being a smart alec, just don't want you getting an infraction against you. looking out.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
hey man just grab another look at the rules on profanity. not being a smart alec, just don't want you getting an infraction against you. looking out.
I think it will be ok....that post was from 2003....

SchmitisGal

Arachnopeon
Demon PETCO Rosies

Definitely definitely agree with this. After my Aphonopelma Schmiti died a few months ago, I went a while in mourning before I got another T. I ended up getting a GORGEOUS female Rosie from PETCO. I wanted to save her from that place. So, I got her, named her COCO BELLA, took her home, made her a nice new clean cage and she didnt eat for a week. Why? Because she molted exactly a week after. I documented the whole thing! It was awesome. I waited a week and four days to feed her and when she feeds, she is insane!!!!!! She attacks with such speed and ferocity, I can't help but feel a little apprehension about trying to hold her.

Here is the thing though, when I open the cage to get her water, occasionally, she raises her front legs, but if I touch her back legs, she doesn't do anything. However, she will kill crickets and superworms just to kill them and then leave them lying in her cage. I pull them out after an hour or two of waiting to see if she will go back and eat them. She doesn't.

I wanted to hold her, but I honestly think, she is not going to have anything to do with that noise. Lastnight, fed her a superworm, she pounced, missed it a bit, it started to burrow into substrate and she literally nose plowed head fangs and all straight into the substrate about a half inch and pulled aht sucker out of there. She did eat it though. Its crazy how aggressive she is. But awesome at the same time. Just wont be cuddling her anytime soon.

i love T-fang shots :)

i've noticed the petco T's to be slightly on the demonic side. But thats not saying everyone, since i'm sure i'll get a lot of posts saying "i got my rosea at petco and she's real nice" ;P

=D

peace
dave

Tidza1987

Arachnopeon
my evil rosea whodini

my rosea is only 7 month old but has been calm since i got her/him back home but the last few days it become very aggressive it even pounced like a cat at my finger when i tried to get it out and every time i go in the tank she just get very angry and rears up i dnt understand you i now the temp and humidity is fine for it and substrate is fine my be it just time of the month for it lmfao any help pleases feel free to email me at gorman1987@hotmail.com

Solucki

Arachnoknight
I got mine a month ago from petco and its like a rag doll most of the time. Has never kicked hair or even gone threat pose, but I haven't had her long

sugarsandz

Arachnosquire
I love my G. rosea, she's not defensive at all and just goes about her business and isn't bothered when I'm doing tank maintenance. So I'm going with nice. On the other hand my B. smithi is defensive and attacks my tongs if she has a chance, she's never kicked hairs but she lifts her legs like she's going to all of the time. I think G. roseas unpredictability makes them good first tarantulas since you have to deal with the changing behaviors.

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Apparently, my RCF is one of those, first threatposing the waterstream, then viciously attacking it and then trying to get as far away from it as possible.

"Beware, evil water, for I am the mighty spider!"

"The enemy shall not yield. Bugger that, let us make a hasty retreat!"

loversnsinners

Arachnopeon
I love this thread!!

I just recently rescued my rosea from someone who didn't care for tarantulas at all but had her. Her old tank had no water, was a 1 gallon, full of mold, and she is 5" leg span. She is so beautiful and yet so mean. I haven't had any "attacks" yet but she follows me around the cage with a threat pose the whole time. One thing moves on her soil and she's like full on threat pose and sprinting all at once.