Evil Rosea (chilean rose hair) Therapy Group (Final Tally: Who's Got Em?)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi! (i know the "r" shouldn't be capitalized, but who cares :) )

alright, as more and more new people come onto the board, eventually the "I HAVE A MEAN G.ROSEA WHAT DO I DO" posts come flooding in. (nothing wrong with that, by the way)

But whats the final tally thus far?

who's got a G.rosea that is from hell? I'm talking one so mean, you'd let your 6 year old niece hold your Usumbara or gigas before you'd let her hold your rosea (i don't have a 6 year old niece, but if i did, i'd tell her to run really far away from my rosea).

I seriously think that my Usumbara is in cahoots with my roseas. I think my OBT is pulling the rosea's over to the dark side. I'm sure they're all conspiring against me. I really used duct tape last night on their cages. I saw them trying to jimmy it open! I'm know what time it is on the T-streets! =D

so let's go with a final count for now!
Mean -or- Nice?

Pet Rocks or Pet Satan ;P

peace
dave

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I've got a demon G.rosea which I call Psycho. SHe would much rather sink her fangs into my hand than to step up calmly. Her's a picture of her showing me just how long her fangs are

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have one.....i bought her from Petco back in November....i'd say she is approximately 4 1/2 inches leg to leg........she is a fat cow and she tries to bite anything near her......i'll have to get a pic of her later....im on the laptop from work right now....i have another rose hair... my mature male.....but he will only defend his burrow so he is technically not psycho...

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i love T-fang shots :)

i've noticed the petco T's to be slightly on the demonic side. But thats not saying everyone, since i'm sure i'll get a lot of posts saying "i got my rosea at petco and she's real nice" ;P

=D

peace
dave

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
killer rosies

i have a huge rosehair whos as docile as can be .i hold it all the time she just walks around on me.My girlfreind has one about half the size of mine and its a terror.move anything near it and it rears up in the defense posture.i dont think ill be holding this one

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I've got one that flicks hairs at me every time I dare to open her lid, and another, smaller rosea that used to be docile. Now she attacks everything that comes in her cage. Watching her attacking water is hilarious, and she once grabbed my tweezers and wouldn't let go.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
geez, i've never seen my rosea kick hairs. she's beyond that i think :) she goes right for the kill...

did your T pull the tweezers down? I had an older T who (mysteriously) died, and i remember one time he tagged a chopstick (its all i had at the time) and pulled (wicked hard!) down.

peace
dave

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
did your T pull the tweezers down? I had an older T who (mysteriously) died, and i remember one time he tagged a chopstick (its all i had at the time) and pulled (wicked hard!) down.
She didn't pull the tweezers down, but she was definitely latched on and wasn't letting go anytime soon. I didn't want to hurt her by trying to get them away from her, so I let her have her "prize" for an hour and then retrieved them later. She had taken shelter by then so it was pretty easy.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"i wonder why i cant suck anything out of this odd creature"

although thats saying alot about the neural structure of the T-brain. Maybe i'll do my doctoral thesis on that :) Probably not, since i don't believe that animals have higher-consciousness (nor do they have the higher cortical areas corresponding to that). But then again, that's a whole other discussion, right? ;P

peace
dave

MORBIUS

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My rosea was always very docile until her last molt,(7 months ago.) Now she will rush anything.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Yep, Mine is hell on legs.

Last night I worked up the nerve to handle her, but only after some goading comments from the female sector..

Bill

Jono_mad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i got mine in october and she was really calm and let me hold her. now for some reason she is a vicious little bugger. she nearly pulled a paintbrush out of my hand the other day and yesterday she almost pushed the tank lid off.
jono

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
mine is not so nice either
although he did let me hold him not that long ago i have pics
i posted good ole Mr.bigglesworth a beast none the less-jason

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have one really mean rosea, Her name is Bitchface. She's a real bitch. When came to that time of the year when she needed a house cleaning, i mean a total make over, so she had to come out... well trying to get her onto a piece of cardboard to transfer her to a temp. home, she went right after the cardboard bit it and left venom on it....<EDIT> then left to let the hairs settle in my room, because they were alll in the the air, then i came back pissed at the little bitch and got her out some how, and gave her a new home, then putting her back in she thought it would be cool to rear up again and bite nothing, but the air... she is crazy... finally i got her into her new home. She will never come out again... untilll i move her again which is actually in the next week because i got a really big tank that i set a divider up in and she could use a bigger home... i'll let you guys know how it goes... Maybe take some pics of the attempt to move her again.
Mike
I also have another rosea who is nice. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Dave,
I do. My Audra bit me just about a month ago, when I tried to catch her, so she didn't fall. I was sicker than hell for close to a week, and still have the bite marks.
Peace,
Gillian

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
damn!
That's hardcore, Gillian. How big is the T?

man, there's so many evil roseas :) I think they should switch the "most common starter species" to a PZB or A.albo. Even though I'm sure there could be a "EVIL PZB" or "EVIL ALBO" post (or EVIL anything for that matter), i feel that theres more evil roseas :)

pce
dave

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I've had seven G. rosea so far.

Two were absolute DOLLS. They were the nicest spiders I've ever owned. I honestly can't say anything bad about them.

Three were skittish, and didn't want to be touched.

Two were voracious killers who wouldn't stop biting for anything! They were messed up.

I also saw one at a petshop the other day that reared up when touched with a pen and actually hissed. I didn't know the species could do that! I scared the pet shop guys, so it was worth it ;)

-Bryan

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have an evil rosie too...she doesn't bother flicking hairs, she just assumes a threat posture and bites at me. I love her, though...she's just not for handling. I have other spiders I can use for that purpose, so I leave her alone.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Dave,
She's an adult. So, what..5-6 inches?
Peace,
Gillian

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well, mine is about 3" and had been docile the maybe week or two i've had her until the other day.

however, she only leg-twapped me so i didn't take it overly seriously. i did sort of startle her and i hadn't washed my hands so perhaps the smell or something made her twitchy.