1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euscorpions Running From Food?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by neoncacti, Aug 9, 2018.

1. neoncacti

neoncacti Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    It has been almost 2 weeks since my scorpion has eaten and he refuses to do so. He had eated at the start when he was just captured. A total of two mealworms were fed to him in the first week and half, and hasnt eaten since. Whenever a worm is offered he appears to be scared and runs off.

The second scorpion turned out to be a female and pregnant, and has recently birthed its scorplings. Wondering if she is supposed to eat or not? Any info is very appreciated.

2. darkness975

darkness975 the sun grows ever darker Arachnosupporter

Dont feed a female that has given birth until the babies leave her back.

Regarding the other, they can go a long time without food. I would not be concerned.

• Like Like x 1
  3. neoncacti

neoncacti Arachnopeon

Fair enough, I see them shuffling at night, so I felt as if they sought food.. also guessed the mom should be left alone.

I'll offer again at later times then.
    What about humidity? Should I increase/lower it while the babies are on, or is it fine as is?

4. darkness975

darkness975 the sun grows ever darker Arachnosupporter

As long as the substrate is moist then it's fine. Chasing specific humidity numbers is a bad course of action that usually results in it being too wet.

• Like Like x 1