Euscorpions Running From Food?

neoncacti

Arachnopeon
It has been almost 2 weeks since my scorpion has eaten and he refuses to do so. He had eated at the start when he was just captured. A total of two mealworms were fed to him in the first week and half, and hasnt eaten since. Whenever a worm is offered he appears to be scared and runs off.

The second scorpion turned out to be a female and pregnant, and has recently birthed its scorplings. Wondering if she is supposed to eat or not? Any info is very appreciated.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
It has been almost 2 weeks since my scorpion has eaten and he refuses to do so. He had eated at the start when he was just captured. A total of two mealworms were fed to him in the first week and half, and hasnt eaten since. Whenever a worm is offered he appears to be scared and runs off.

The second scorpion turned out to be a female and pregnant, and has recently birthed its scorplings. Wondering if she is supposed to eat or not? Any info is very appreciated.
Dont feed a female that has given birth until the babies leave her back.

Regarding the other, they can go a long time without food. I would not be concerned.

neoncacti

Arachnopeon
Fair enough, I see them shuffling at night, so I felt as if they sought food.. also guessed the mom should be left alone.

I'll offer again at later times then.
What about humidity? Should I increase/lower it while the babies are on, or is it fine as is?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Fair enough, I see them shuffling at night, so I felt as if they sought food.. also guessed the mom should be left alone.

I'll offer again at later times then.
What about humidity? Should I increase/lower it while the babies are on, or is it fine as is?
As long as the substrate is moist then it's fine. Chasing specific humidity numbers is a bad course of action that usually results in it being too wet.