Euathlus sp. red size?

melanie5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just bought an Euathlus sp red. The seller says she's an adult female, she's about 3 cm (= 1,5 inch). How big does this species get? I know the other Euathlus species get bigger, but I couldn't find anything about the sp. red.
How big would she have to be to for breeding? (I know is 60% of the adult size, but as I don't know that, I woul;d like to know.
Thanks

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are a dwarf species, if I am not mistaken they will top out somewhere around 3.5 inches.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the seller is claiming it to be an adult @ that size?? like above 3" plus is a good avg..though some females i have seen get 4"s....

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've seen several different animals being sold as sp. red.

one looks like an RCF rose hair and gets to 3-4 inches.

the one i received looks like a dark tarantula with a red patch at the base of the abdomen, just behind the carapace. she's about 2" (maybe a hair under), and will probably get no bigger than 3." her MM boyfriend is an even 2"

melanie5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the one i received looks like a dark tarantula with a red patch at the base of the abdomen, just behind the carapace. she's about 2" (maybe a hair under), and will probably get no bigger than 3." her MM boyfriend is an even 2"
Mine looks exactely like that. Do you measure the total length or the body length? Mine has a 1,5 inch body length, total would be around 3 inches.