1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euathlus sp. red size?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by melanie5, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Advertisement
    I just bought an Euathlus sp red. The seller says she's an adult female, she's about 3 cm (= 1,5 inch). How big does this species get? I know the other Euathlus species get bigger, but I couldn't find anything about the sp. red.
    How big would she have to be to for breeding? (I know is 60% of the adult size, but as I don't know that, I woul;d like to know.
    Thanks

2. Aschamne

Aschamne Arachnobaron Old Timer

They are a dwarf species, if I am not mistaken they will top out somewhere around 3.5 inches.

3. sick4x4

sick4x4 Arachnoprince

the seller is claiming it to be an adult @ that size?? like above 3" plus is a good avg..though some females i have seen get 4"s....

4. kitty_b

kitty_b Arachnoprince

i've seen several different animals being sold as sp. red.

one looks like an RCF rose hair and gets to 3-4 inches.

the one i received looks like a dark tarantula with a red patch at the base of the abdomen, just behind the carapace. she's about 2" (maybe a hair under), and will probably get no bigger than 3." her MM boyfriend is an even 2"

5. desertdweller

desertdweller Arachnoprince

Sounds a tad bit small but it is possible.

6. Mine looks exactely like that. Do you measure the total length or the body length? Mine has a 1,5 inch body length, total would be around 3 inches.