Euathlus Sp. Red appreciation thread

aphono

Arachnobaron
Joined the club with two 1/4" slings but they just look so TINY they look smaller than that. Read and believed y'all but I won't lie, it was a huge relief to see them feasting on prekilled small crickets..

Like every one says, they are total busy bodies and trouble makers.. making the water dish "magically disappear" :rolleyes: .. really have to be careful not to leave the lid off, not even for a moment. They move surprisingly far in a short time even with that slow ambling walk.

Question.. is it a good thing to feed them as much/often they will eat or space out the feedings to prevent lengthy fasting? I'm not worried, just would like it if they would do a couple molts sooner rather than later if possible.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Joined the club with two 1/4" slings but they just look so TINY they look smaller than that. Read and believed y'all but I won't lie, it was a huge relief to see them feasting on prekilled small crickets..

Like every one says, they are total busy bodies and trouble makers.. making the water dish "magically disappear" :rolleyes: .. really have to be careful not to leave the lid off, not even for a moment. They move surprisingly far in a short time even with that slow ambling walk.

Question.. is it a good thing to feed them as much/often they will eat or space out the feedings to prevent lengthy fasting? I'm not worried, just would like it if they would do a couple molts sooner rather than later if possible.
I feed all my Ts as much as they will eat generally speaking. Mine has not fasted because because it was fed often.

As slings you want your Ts to grow, not mope along and grow slow. Their job in the wild is to eat and grow as fast as possible to avoid predators generally.

starnaito

Arachnosquire
My girl just molted! She was looking kinda shabby when I got her (from poor care by the previous owner), but now I'll get to see her true colors. :)

Deb60

Arachnosquire
My girl just molted! She was looking kinda shabby when I got her (from poor care by the previous owner), but now I'll get to see her true colors. :)
They really are beautiful after a moult , out of my 23 Ts , mines still my favourite. I've also got a few more Eauthlus, and like like the Sp Red their really nosey , and try to do a runner when you open the tops on their tubs ( slings )