Euathlus/Bumba pulcherrimaklaasi fustration

boina

Lady of the mites
I know this ended a while ago BUT
I have 2 euathlus parvulus and they are both quite skittish and never touch the ground. Both are about 2”

I asked someone that has kept a few euathlus for longer and he said that they will eventually stay on the ground, I’m guessing that will happen around 3.5-4” like more towards adulthood.
I still think I’m gonna create more of a taller enclosure with the back wall having crevices and plants for the T to go in.
I think that is a great idea. I've a couple of Euathlus (parvulus and this sp. 'tiger') and the like a lot of stuff in their enlosures, like pieces of bark and short twigs where they can web and hide in between. Both don't use a hide where they would need to sit under, but the like to sit between stuff. I've experimented quite a bit with their setups until I found something that worked.

asunshinefix

Arachnosquire
So I'm super late here, but I also have a sling of this species and experienced the same frustration with it never seeming to settle into its enclosure. I kind of just let it do its thing, but since its most recent rehouse it is actually on the ground most of the time and is clearly less stressed. It still doesn't really burrow, if it's happy I'm happy.

All I changed was the substrate (coco fibre to Reptisoil) and added enough fake foliage to cover about 1/3 of the surface space. The substrate change of course increased humidity a bit and I'm keeping it fairly high. I also decreased the amount of vertical space to just 1.5" for my 1" sling.

Now when disturbed, although my sling could easily dash out of the enclosure, it usually just does a little teleport into its hide or the foliage instead of losing its mind. It's even webbed a bit. I'm still cautious with it but I don't have to feed it in the bathtub anymore!

It's possible there are other factors at play also (it's been in premolt for ages, it's grown up a little, maybe it prefers the new location of its enclosure, etc.) but my results seem to echo what others in this thread are saying so I thought I'd chime in.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
They're gonna stay on the wall and climb out when you open it. It's nothing personal. Euathlus just do that. It's a feature, not a bug.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
I have a 1cm E parvulus. When I received it, it stayed on the wall like described in this thread. The room I normally raise my slings is pretty warm 25-26C. I read somewhere they like it slightly cooler, so I put it in another room which is a few degrees cooler. It was on the ground by the evening and now spends most of its time on the ground. I'm not saying that is definitely what it was, just an observation that worked for me.