Ethmostigmus rubripes babies!!!

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Hello all! Here is Stubby, my big Townsville locale E. rubripes, who is now a proud mother. I estimate there are about thirty plings.
46870043212_400fe3d260_o.jpg
46870044472_9a47d7ac23_o.jpg

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Nice!! Haven't heard much on the "communal-ness" of Australian pedes... How long are you keeping the plings together?

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
They seem to do pretty well together, and have little qualms regarding personal space. I'm planning on keeping them together for a couple more weeks.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Thanks a lot! I'm seriously happy - this is a huge clutch, and these Townsville rubripes are pretty rare in the hobby.

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
my ethmostigmus rubripes [Bob] recently moulted on my 18 birthday this year! it was pale white but the bands were still outlined on the body segmentations.

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
you should watch this on youtube ''disrespectful 12 year old''. the boy gets detained by police and the mother; well she screams SIMON! S I M O N!! NIKI GET HIM AWAY FROM THERE BEFORE I WHACK HIM RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE POLICE! they pretend to be cool by saying stuff like that and the boy swearing and spitting on the ground, but it is the funniest tantrum I've seen yet!!!!

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Hello all! Here is Stubby, my big Townsville locale E. rubripes, who is now a proud mother. I estimate there are about thirty plings.
View attachment 298948
View attachment 298950
Since my rubripes was identical to your Azog and Stubby, what exactly is the species average lifespan? Because when my rubripes died 5 days ago it was around 17cm and I only had it for two and a half years. I’ve caught another one (juvenile) which is about 8-10 cm and I would like to know how long (In Your Opinion) they are expected to live. Mini beast wildlife claims 3-5 years but that seems short for such a large creature because S.subspinipes can live up to 10 years in the wild and grow to about the same length as rubripes or thereabouts. Oh and by the way, are you going to keep the young or sell them?? Thanks

Kind regards
Patrick Nimbs

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
These were laid last year, and all have been sold except for two that I'm keeping.
I've never raised a pede from birth to death, but given the large size and slow growth rate of E. rubripes, I'd say they can live well over 10 years. Azog is 18cm body-length, and I've owned her for about three years (she was just under 17cm BL when I first got her).

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
These were laid last year, and all have been sold except for two that I'm keeping.
I've never raised a pede from birth to death, but given the large size and slow growth rate of E. rubripes, I'd say they can live well over 10 years. Azog is 18cm body-length, and I've owned her for about three years (she was just under 17cm BL when I first got her).
I did have another rubripes (Bob) which I have had been talking about a lot here on Arachnoboards though. But it died last Saturday at a length of 17-18 cm. My new one in my attached file, his name is Vince from The Fast and the Furious 1 and measures around 8-10 cm. I got him on Sunday. He has not yet eaten and does not appear hungry and looks well fed though!! Thanks for the info mate by the way!!

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Was that body-length or with terminals/antennae? If those measurements included terminals, "Bob" died at a pretty average size for an adult tiger E. rubripes.

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Was that body-length or with terminals/antennae? If those measurements included terminals, "Bob" died at a pretty average size for an adult tiger E. rubripes.
My grandmother measured him with her tape and the measurements included the terminal legs (16-17cm, perhaps 18cm) in length. I believe it was probably old age.

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
My new centipede had unfortunately died yesterday due to a bad moult. I was really annoyed because I only had it for 11 days. So I then had to catch yet another one so I bagged a e. Rubripes pedeling (I tried to get bigger but I could only find two pedelings) so I took the larger pedeling and stowed it in my biking bag. I then fed it when I got it home speedily on my mountain bike and took a vid and a pic of it which I will upload the pic. Just to warn you, I photographed it while it was feeding so it will probably be a bit graphic!

Attachments