1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Escorpiones de Costa Rica Scorpions - by Carlos Viquez

Discussion in 'Book and Magazine Reviews' started by tabor, Jun 15, 2009.

1. tabor

tabor Arachnoprince Old Timer

Advertisement
    This translates in English to "Scorpions of Costa Rica". Very fun book, it is in English and Spanish and has much valuable information.

The only problem is it is 10 years old, and there have been some updates to some of the species in the book (the updates can be found easily online, try the Euscorpius journal for instance). It is also entirely out of print. You cannot buy a new copy of this book.

Your best bet for picking it up is searching amazon for used copies every so often, that's how i got my copy a few years back AND used it was only $6.

Well worth the buy for any scorpion fan with an interest in Central American scorpions, at the cost it is a steal.

(Tip: search for it by its ISBN number which is ISBN 9968702218)

hopefully they reprint it at some time in the future.

the extra "Scorpions" at the end of the title is an obvious typo.

i also should mention that there are actually only 14 scorpion species described in the book, but they are thorough descriptions, with color photos, and distribution maps.