1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Error that Inbox is Full

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting / Suggestions' started by Reptilesbyrick, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Reptilesbyrick

Reptilesbyrick Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hello:
    I am attempting to "Start a New Conversation" and I get an error message stating that my "inbox is full." However, I only had a few conversations in there. I have since deleted almost all of them and I get still get this message. Is there anything else the system counts besides "conversations?" There's almost nothing in the inbox and I have had many more in there and still had no problem sending PM's before. Thank you.

2. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnogeek Arachnosupporter

Does the message say your inbox is full? or the recipient's inbox is full? Two different things. Each message within a conversation counts towards your total limit as well. So if one conversation has 50-80 messages back and forth with one member that's 50-80 towards your limit.
    If the member you are trying to reach has a full inbox tag them in this thread. Make sure you use the @Reptilesbyrick tag You can also sometimes find their email in their review section
    http://arachnoboards.com/threads/insert-name-here-your-pm-box-is-full-post.43630/#post-2673518

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

If you click "Start a New Conversation" from your inbox (as opposed to from the user's profile), it should automatically notify the recipient that a full inbox prevented you from sending a message.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. wizentrop

wizentrop to the rescue! Old Timer

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I seem to suffer the same problem. I cannot receive or send messages, and I get an error stating "your inbox is full".
    However, I have only 7 conversations in my inbox (I did a thorough cleanup-deletion last week). I wonder when we will be able to see just how full our inbox is, without being surprised when it hits us in the face right when we need to use it.

Is there any fix to this problem?

5. miss moxie

miss moxie Arachnoprince

Doesn't matter. There is one message I had that was 8 pages long, and if I didn't delete -that- conversation? If I had NOTHING in my inbox but that eight-page long conversation? My inbox was -still- considered full. If I had six small conversation threads, deleted just that eight-page long conversation? I could get more messages. I think it has to do with the length of each conversation rather than the number of conversations.

The way to fix it is to upgrade to an arachnosupporter. You get more space in your inbox.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. wizentrop

wizentrop to the rescue! Old Timer

@miss moxie you were right. I tried deleting more conversations but nothing changed. Only when I deleted the longest conversation of them all my inbox opened for activity. I still wish the was a way for us to know what our inbox status is before it gets locked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I deleted a bunch of stuff the other day upon request -- but mine still says full. Never really thought I did many conversations here, so baffled that I apparently didn't delete enough.

8. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    Every post within a conversation counts. Consider if it was split between replies and inbox. You would have to delete from both folders. That is why the longer conversations create the most room when deleted. They are no longer separate folders. All are in one conversation. Each individual post in the conversation counts as one. Make sense?

Debby

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Phases

Phases Arachnosquire

100 is a really low limit to stick people with.. is there a point it bumps up?

10. EulersK

EulersK Arachnoworm Staff Member

Here is the detailed information:
    http://arachnoboards.com/help/upgrades

Specifically, it's 100 messages for the base account, 250 messages for the Active Member status, 500 messages for the Arachnosupporter status, and 1000 messages for the Arachnosupporter Plus status.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Phases

Phases Arachnosquire