User Erin's Tarantulas

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
First, my Aphonopelma tarantulas: :happy:

Aphonopelma chalcodes MM, Luke
IMG_2202.JPG
I hadn't been naming my tarantulas until I got this handsome male from @AZ Tom He is the most laid back male T I've met and hopefully a father-to-be. ;)

Aphonopelma chalcodes MM, Old Ben
IMG_2403.JPG
A name for my now 14-months-mature A. chalcodes naturally followed from Luke's. ;) Plus, this male seems to have adopted the Jedi code and chose to remain celibate. :rofl:

Aphonopelma chalcodes AF, Summer
My first Aphonopelma, I got this lovely lady a year-and-half ago. She has a wonderful calm temperament as well. :)

Aphonopelma chalcodes AF, Ashara
This beauty is more excitable, but now that she's made herself at home, she retreats into her hide rather than flick hairs. :angelic:

Aphonopelma sp., WC from New Mexico
IMG_2391.JPG
This T has only molted once since I purchased them from an Expo in July 2016 and they don't seem to have grown any. I don't know the species, but A. hentzi seems most likely.

Aphonopelma moderatum F, Aurea
IMG_2390.JPG
My beautiful princess in her castle. :happy:
In addition, I recently purchased two CB A. moderatum slings from @Austin S. -- too small yet for my phone camera but they are fearless little ones! :D

Aphonopelma gabeli, 1 of 7 slings

Aphonopelma marxi, 1 of 3 slings
IMG_2395.JPG
Molt already! Lol :rolleyes: :rofl:

Last edited:

keks

Arachnobaron
I am envious!

A. chalcodes are great spiders :). A. bicoloratum too.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
And now my Brachypelma -- my two boys, a B. albipilosum and a B. hamorii couldn't be more different! :happy:

Brachypelma hamorri M, Diva

He never uses his hide except as a place to stash substrate and boli. Open his enclosure and he stands prominent to be admired and accept offerings! :happy:
IMG_2431.JPG

Brachypelma albopilosum M, Curly
IMG_2426.JPG

I haven't been able to get a good photo as he retreats to his burrow at the smallest disturbance! He has expanded his hide into a large burrow and does frequent renovations. :)
IMG_2430.JPG

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
I have two Ephebopus murinus; one is in pre-molt but this lovely lady just molted a few weeks ago. :happy:

I had a third, a male, which matured this past spring and was sent off to hopefully find love. :kiss:

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
First, my Aphonopelma tarantulas: :happy:

Aphonopelma chalcodes MM, Luke
View attachment 253678
I hadn't been naming my tarantulas until I got this handsome male from @AZ Tom He is the most laid back male T I've met and hopefully a father-to-be. ;)

Aphonopelma chalcodes MM, Old Ben
View attachment 253681
A name for my now 14-months-mature A. chalcodes naturally followed from Luke's. ;) Plus, this male seems to have adopted the Jedi code and chose to remain celibate. :rofl:
Both of my boys have passed, each after reaching 1.5 years post mature. Luke’s legacy lives on in nearly 400 offspring, ~100 of which I still have and currently 3rd instar.

They hatched last spring! :happy:
CF7C9525-D318-4EAB-AF68-C88251B5F6F2.jpeg

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
And now my Brachypelma -- my two boys, a B. albipilosum and a B. hamorii couldn't be more different! :happy:

Brachypelma hamorri M, Diva

He never uses his hide except as a place to stash substrate and boli. Open his enclosure and he stands prominent to be admired and accept offerings! :happy:
View attachment 254254

Brachypelma albopilosum M, Curly
View attachment 254255

I haven't been able to get a good photo as he retreats to his burrow at the smallest disturbance! He has expanded his hide into a large burrow and does frequent renovations. :)
View attachment 254256
I also need to update about my Brachy’s!

My B. albopilosum went off to find love:
A4D1E94C-B676-4C1D-9583-B57B8E9D6266.jpeg
A sac was produced and I hope very much they got slings! :happy: (It was a trade, not a breeding loan, but it makes me happy to be apprised of these things!)

And now my B. hamorii — from this molt I had been certain they were male:

But then two molts later shows them to be female! :wideyed::astonished:

Right after molt, colors vivid:

She has since filled out and become quite round for overwintering and preparation for her next molt. :)
She remains my only tarantula who never hides! Any disturbance is met first with threat and fang and then if it proves inedible, flicked with hairs! It shall take a brave and charming prince to woo my princess Diva! :happy:

Attachments

Last edited:

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
I’ve neglected to post photos of my Hapalopus sp. Columbia large! I got her ~0.75” early in 2016 and she grew fast, maturing that November:

Recent photos:
C52C7AEB-32F8-4A94-A77E-A0B127058DEE.jpeg 445F7D38-10A0-472E-9AAF-3E5BF646E49C.jpeg

I’m not planning to breed her, mostly because I don’t have time and space at this point, and I have been wondering whether I should sell her.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
My first pokie, Poecilotheria regalis
Such a beauty and so often out to be admired! I had thought they were female and was sadly disappointed when they matured into a male.

I have several more pokies now, several quite shy, including my beautiful but elusive P. subfusca
D168023F-60AB-4A77-8D59-D1B6987D9C60.jpeg

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Last June they were my little Psalmopoeus cambridgei
471EAD87-D81C-4B29-A3C2-0157B574CF85.jpeg

Today they’re looking for where to dump a Dubia bolus
496C6B1E-1DE1-4DA0-AC09-E57535E0E02B.jpeg

I got my first P. cambridgei in Oct 2017 and I think they were about the same size (as my second is now) last June
E396D1D6-F6A1-417E-BC84-AD7A2F27CF63.jpeg

This one used to hang out where I could see them all the time, when not in premolt, but now they’re super quick to hide. I hope that’s temporary!

They are lovely tarantulas, speedy growers, and fearless as predators! I’ve loved them from when my first little sling ambushed a cricket larger than itself and dragged it back up into it’s hide! :D

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter