1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Erin's Tarantulas

Discussion in 'Tarantula Pictures' started by ErinM31, Oct 1, 2017.

1. ErinM31

ErinM31 Arachnoprince

Advertisement
    First, my Aphonopelma tarantulas: :happy:

Aphonopelma chalcodes MM, Luke
    IMG_2202.JPG
    I hadn't been naming my tarantulas until I got this handsome male from @AZ Tom He is the most laid back male T I've met and hopefully a father-to-be. ;)

Aphonopelma chalcodes MM, Old Ben
    IMG_2403.JPG
    A name for my now 14-months-mature A. chalcodes naturally followed from Luke's. ;) Plus, this male seems to have adopted the Jedi code and chose to remain celibate. :hilarious:

Aphonopelma chalcodes AF, Summer
    My first Aphonopelma, I got this lovely lady a year-and-half ago. She has a wonderful calm temperament as well. :)

Aphonopelma chalcodes AF, Ashara
    This beauty is more excitable, but now that she's made herself at home, she retreats into her hide rather than flick hairs. :angelic:

Aphonopelma sp., WC from New Mexico
    IMG_2391.JPG
    This T has only molted once since I purchased them from an Expo in July 2016 and they don't seem to have grown any. I don't know the species, but A. hentzi seems most likely.

Aphonopelma moderatum F, Aurea
    IMG_2390.JPG
    My beautiful princess in her castle. :happy:
    In addition, I recently purchased two CB A. moderatum slings from @Austin S. -- too small yet for my phone camera but they are fearless little ones! :D

Aphonopelma gabeli, 1 of 7 slings

Aphonopelma marxi, 1 of 3 slings
    IMG_2395.JPG
    Molt already! Lol :rolleyes: :hilarious:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Leila

Leila Arachnobaron

Tennessee
    These photos make me want an A. chalcodes :cat:

• Like Like x 1
  3. keks

keks Arachnobaron Active Member

I am envious!

A. chalcodes are great spiders :). A. bicoloratum too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ErinM31

ErinM31 Arachnoprince

And now my Brachypelma -- my two boys, a B. albipilosum and a B. hamorii couldn't be more different! :joyful:

Brachypelma hamorri M, Diva

He never uses his hide except as a place to stash substrate and boli. Open his enclosure and he stands prominent to be admired and accept offerings! :joyful:
    IMG_2431.JPG

Brachypelma albopilosum M, Curly
    IMG_2426.JPG

I haven't been able to get a good photo as he retreats to his burrow at the smallest disturbance! He has expanded his hide into a large burrow and does frequent renovations. :)
    IMG_2430.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. ErinM31

ErinM31 Arachnoprince

I have two Ephebopus murinus; one is in pre-molt but this lovely lady just molted a few weeks ago. :happy:

I had a third, a male, which matured this past spring and was sent off to hopefully find love. :kiss:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  6. ErinM31

ErinM31 Arachnoprince

Boys grow up so fast! My little curly shortly after I got him in July 2016:

Now so mature and handsome in November 2017:

• Like Like x 1
  7. ErinM31

ErinM31 Arachnoprince

Both of my boys have passed, each after reaching 1.5 years post mature. Luke’s legacy lives on in nearly 400 offspring, ~100 of which I still have and currently 3rd instar.

They hatched last spring! :happy:
    CF7C9525-D318-4EAB-AF68-C88251B5F6F2.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. ErinM31

ErinM31 Arachnoprince

I also need to update about my Brachy’s!

My B. albopilosum went off to find love:
    A4D1E94C-B676-4C1D-9583-B57B8E9D6266.jpeg
    A sac was produced and I hope very much they got slings! :happy: (It was a trade, not a breeding loan, but it makes me happy to be apprised of these things!)

And now my B. hamorii — from this molt I had been certain they were male:

But then two molts later shows them to be female! :wideyed::woot:

Right after molt, colors vivid:

She has since filled out and become quite round for overwintering and preparation for her next molt. :)
    She remains my only tarantula who never hides! Any disturbance is met first with threat and fang and then if it proves inedible, flicked with hairs! It shall take a brave and charming prince to woo my princess Diva! :joyful:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rhino1

Rhino1 Arachnopeon

What an epic, awesome collection. Love this forum