Eresus walckenaeri Sling Feeding

MechaKat

Arachnopeon
Hello, I've got my first pet spider today, an E. walckenaeri sling, and I'm wondering how you feed them, are they similar to tarantula slings, in which you leave pre-killed food for them, or do they make webs to catch prey like adults?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Once it webs up the enclosure a bit you can throw some small food in and see how it does. They're pretty good eaters.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Hello, I've got my first pet spider today, an E. walckenaeri sling, and I'm wondering how you feed them, are they similar to tarantula slings, in which you leave pre-killed food for them, or do they make webs to catch prey like adults?

I feed my Eresus moravicus sling blue bottle flies. Completely harmless and a good meal.

Alanthea

Arachnopeon
Hello there
I've gotten my first E. Walckenaeri sling too about 2 weeks ago, cutest little thing! :)
Keeping it on a 4cm/1,57inch layer of dry coco fibre with a bit of soil mixed underneath to burrow, a small skull as rock and a small stick poking out of the ground.
I've seen others keep them in just fluffy dry moss and they're fine too.
It made a little "roof" with the big parts of the coco fibre and burrowed between the stick and the "rock".
I feed mine with tiny house crickets, it takes them alive from my tweezers and pulls them in by the leg (I hold them against the web near the roof, it's difficult sometimes cause everything is so tiny xD).
I read and heard that they get enough moisture from the insects they eat.
I'm still figuring out how often I should feed mine, so far I've fed it 5 times, it always comes for the prey.

So if anyone can tell me how often I should feed to not overfeed, that would be great, I'm also interested in how others keep theirs if you want to share. :embarrassed:

Last edited: