eratigena atrica egg sac

zxneon

Arachnosquire
few of them will feed on one cricket yes, that's what I witnessed though.
but try flies instead, is somewhat easier for them to penetrate.
prekilled ofc ? flies is no more - winter here . but i can get small young crickets from pet shop.
At this moment those spiders are 1st instar i belive so thy will not eat yet.

Pedemonte Mario

Arachnopeon
prekilled ofc ? flies is no more - winter here . but i can get small young crickets from pet shop.
At this moment those spiders are 1st instar i belive so thy will not eat yet.
Just disabling them is ok, so that they still feel vibration of it.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
With the 14 sacs my E. atrica laid I put them in a empty water bottle ' small size bottle ' first putted some toilet paper in it, just let them in there out of sun and heat just room temp.
they will hatch when they want hehe :) nothing hard
Here's a photo from when i had them :) just make some tiny oles in top but not to big so they wont crawl out :)

View attachment 224257
The water bottle is a good idea for keeping slings contained until the numbers are down to managable size. I do the same thing when my black or brown widows have egg sacs - chuck 'em in a water bottle with a handful of small twigs for the babies to web on after they hatch. We do raise fruit flies, so I've never had to worry about what to feed them - and of course there's also the inevitable cannibalism to thin out their numbers and keep them fed.

Pedemonte Mario

Arachnopeon
The water bottle is a good idea for keeping slings contained until the numbers are down to managable size. I do the same thing when my black or brown widows have egg sacs - chuck 'em in a water bottle with a handful of small twigs for the babies to web on after they hatch. We do raise fruit flies, so I've never had to worry about what to feed them - and of course there's also the inevitable cannibalism to thin out their numbers and keep them fed.
Indeed, i noticed cannibalism when i did not pay attention for long time, made me feel guilty though :p

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Indeed, i noticed cannibalism when i did not pay attention for long time, made me feel guilty though :p
I don't really mind it with some species. In fact, I encourage it with the widows - I have no desire to have hundreds of baby black or brown widow spiders, so letting them feed on each other until the population is down to managable levels before introducing the fruit flies makes them a lot easier to deal with! On the other hand, with things like whip spiders, wolf spiders, mantises, or scorpions, I feed much sooner, more frequently, and more heavily in an attempt to discourage cannibalism - but they still do it.

zxneon

Arachnosquire
With the 14 sacs my E. atrica laid I put them in a empty water bottle ' small size bottle ' first putted some toilet paper in it, just let them in there out of sun and heat just room temp.
they will hatch when they want hehe :) nothing hard
Here's a photo from when i had them :) just make some tiny oles in top but not to big so they wont crawl out :)

View attachment 224257
how long did thy grow to that size in picture ?
and how about moisture ? Did you somehow add moisture ?
i did keep my first eggsac on bit moist paper and turned ok . Now tiny slings ( 1st instar maybe) are crawling on moist paper towel .

The wolf

Arachnolord
So can this species hatch without help from the adult?
I have my own sac waiting to hatch

Pedemonte Mario

Arachnopeon
So can this species hatch without help from the adult?
I have my own sac waiting to hatch
Yes, they don't need their mother nor dad lol.
I always put them in a small water bottle with toilet paper in it so they can web around.
I also have one waiting to hatch again :D Agelenidae are the easiest to take care of

The wolf

Arachnolord
Yes, they don't need their mother nor dad lol.
I always put them in a small water bottle with toilet paper in it so they can web around.
I also have one waiting to hatch again :D Agelenidae are the easiest to take care of
Thanks very much mine are due in a few week and I'm very exited she is my first spider but certainly not my first invertebrate.