Ephebopus murinus tarantula

codicez

Arachnosquire
Hi guys ! how are you ?

Just wanna ask few advice on keeping this species.
I just got her as sling and I know that ,she likes moist and she needs high substrate due the fact is fossorial.

I just have to place the water dish and I kinda of make her starting burrow below the moss.. is that fine ? You reckon needs even more substrate?

IMG_20181118_232940.jpg
IMG_20181118_232950.jpg

Thanks!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yep they enjoy tons of substrate, but 'save' that for when your specimen will reach the juve/adult stage. Your set up seems fine :)

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
@codicez that’s enough sub for it for a few molts. moisten half of the sub every now and then. the moss isn’t necessary so you can just make a starter burrow.
p.s. i want more of these slings :)

Last edited:

codicez

Arachnosquire
Yep they enjoy tons of substrate, but 'save' that for when your specimen will reach the juve/adult stage. Your set up seems fine :)
Hei ;)
I remmeber you leep mainly fossorial and this one as well... How is the Growing rate? Back today from the SouthernInvertebrateShow here in Uk and got one. The guy told me they are quite fast growin,kinda of 18months for fullSize? Thaanks

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
How is the Growing rate?
Assai alto è, Ajó! (cit. Sardegna) :pompous:

The guy told me they are quite fast growin,kinda of 18months for fullSize? Thaanks
Well, that was a bit exaggerated (even pushing a bit food/temperature e.g the so called 'power feeding') but anyway their growth rate is pretty on the fast side, altough IMO P.cambridgei more :)

Let's say that in less than three years you can reach a nice 10/12 cm legspan.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Btw here's a pic of my 0.1 (that captured a B.dubia, btw)

Her burrow is impressive... they are really hardcore burrow-lovers :)

E. murinus.jpg

codicez

Arachnosquire
Sorry guys... is it normal that she spent all the night climb on the surface of the enclosure ? I'm new in the fossorial, I just have the Cyriocosmus perezmilesi which I found to burrow herself but since day one she started to disappear under the substrate..
Is that normal behaviour for the Murinus ?
IMG_20181119_112443.jpg

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
Sorry guys... is it normal that she spent all the night climb on the surface of the enclosure ? I'm new in the fossorial, I just have the Cyriocosmus perezmilesi which I found to burrow herself but since day one she started to disappear under the substrate..
Is that normal behaviour for the Murinus ?
View attachment 292653
give it time, it'll settle in. my obt was in the same spot for about a week

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
How is the Growing rate?
Pretty fast, males can hook out in around a year or so (I think that was how long I had my E. cyanognathus for, he hooked out at 3 inches), my female E. rufescens has gone from 2cm to 6cm in 7 months.

Sorry guys... is it normal that she spent all the night climb on the surface of the enclosure ?
Yep, give it time to settle.

Keke713

Arachnoknight
Sorry guys... is it normal that she spent all the night climb on the surface of the enclosure ?
Definitely normal. Mine spent a couple weeks up in a corner of the enclosure, despite the fact he had 6 plus inches of substrate and a starter burrow.